The Stark Tragedy

Nephenee

Hi everyone! I was thinking really long and hard about how Hoster Tully kept saying "Tansy" and "the blood" over and over again. No one seems to have really figured this out as far as I can see, neither on this forum nor in the books, but I think I have come up with an acceptable solution to this peculiar problem.

The solution to this problem is Jon Arryn. Jon Arryn, on his deathbed, kept on saying "the seed is strong" over and over again, whereas Hoster Tully kept on saying "the blood" over and over again. This is far too coincidental, and GRRM must have planned something by doing this: it means that Hoster must have known about someone in his family sleeping with either Catelyn or Lysa and giving them a child. Why else would he refer to "the blood" over and over again? I think he meant "the blood is strong," or "the Tully blood is strong." Who was it though? Was it Lysa or was it Catelyn?

I think it was Catelyn. Catelyn didn't seem to be happy at all with Ned:

Was it really such a terrible thing, to want a pretty wife? She remembered her own childish disappointment, the first time she had laid eyes on Eddard Stark. She had pictured him as a younger version of his brother Brandon, but that was wrong. Ned was shorter and plainer of face, and so somber. He spoke courteously enough, but beneath the words she sensed a coolness that was all at odds with Brandon, whose mirths had been as wild as his rages. Even when he took her maidenhood, their love had more of a duty to it than of passion.

It's very clear that Catelyn was unhappy with Ned, and I propose that the perfect time for this to happen was when Ned was having his own bastard son, Jon--when Ned was away. Catelyn and Hoster met up one day while Ned was gone, and as Catelyn was complaining about Ned not being up to par, Hoster consoled her. That is when Catelyn decided to cheat on Ned with her father, because she wasn't satisfied with Ned at all.

I propose that Robb's father was Hoster, and that is why Hoster kept on referring to "the blood" and "Tansy." They were unable to find tansy to make the moon tea with, so Catelyn gave birth to Robb as a result.

This is why Catelyn was able to forgive Ned for cheating on her, but not for having Jon around (she just hated Jon's presence but she treated Ned well).

This is what I call the Stark tragedy. The North was led by a full blooded Tully all along, and not by a Stark--not by Ned's own son.

I'm sorry, but this is just repulsing and completely baseless.

There is tangible proof all throughout Cat's POV to strongly affirm that she loved Ned and that she was most definitely happy with her marriage to him. Besides, Cat would never ever commit incest, she is highly disgusted by Jaime and Cersei.

Just... awful thread and theory.

Yes, we have figured it out. Tansy is an ingredient in Moon Tea, which he gave to Lysa. Also this is fucking ridiculous. Stop trolling Nephenee.

Yes that's what Catelyn's conclusion was. But didn't we meet a woman named Tansy at.... i wanna say Stoney Sept? Wherever it was we met her, we also had a confirmation that Hoster Tully was there and was wounded. I thought maybe Catelyn made an assumption but we will find out the truth later.

I dunno my memory of it is quite hazy.

But yes obviously the OP is just joking.

Archived