Textual evidence for the end of the Freys,and possibly the 7 kingdoms itself.

Lord Vitiate

That was over 100 years before the events of ASOIAF, I don't think the vision would pertain to something so far back in the past.

IMO, The black referred to the absence of colors (Or Loyalty), with the banner-hopping that follows being just the same thing....the freys are less than fair weather allies.

No it was not over a 100 years ago

Lord Walder Frey was there he was 4 years old. The Freys were there in support of the 2nd Blackfyre rebellion but for some reason at the end Lord Bloodraven didn't do much to them for there treason which makes me think the Freys betrayed the Blackfyres somehow

You have to read the Dunk and Egg books before you could understand. The Mystery Knight

No it was not over a 100 years ago

Lord Walder Frey was there he was 4 years old. The Freys were there in support of the 2nd Blackfyre rebellion but for some reason at the end Lord Bloodraven didn't do much to them for there treason which makes me think the Freys betrayed the Blackfyres somehow

You have to read the Dunk and Egg books before you could understand. The Mystery Knight

I actually have read the D&E novels.

Judging off of the age for W. Frey (I believe he is around 92 ish to 93 in 301AL), That would be about 88-89 years ago, and since W. Frey was unlikely to be a political force at 4, I would say he would hold no real obligations to the BlackFyres. For that reason I doubt the vision would reference something so obscure considering that in that interim House Frey would likely be supporting The Targaryens, and the Tullies, if only for a moment. The lack of a 'Red with Black' or 'silver on blue' indicates (to me) that that is unlikely, but I applaud your tenacity.

Don't think it matters when (or even if) the Freys were ever allied with the Blackfyres. Black is not their personal house color. When it comes to these visions and dreams, everything has to be somewhat analogous, as in crimson for Lannister, grey for Stark, etc. The only thing that bugs me is the mention of rose. If it is in fact a foreshadowing, it would have to represent Bolton, as House Tyrell already occupies gold. But why did he use the word "rose" and not pink? "Pink" would fit in the description of the sky just as well, if not better. I might be over-analyzing it, but I just don't think rose should be used to describe the Boltons.

Archived