Daenerys in Slaver's bay is to show us that.

Rod123

Daenerys in Slavers' Bay is to show is that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Which is the reason why some people judge Dany too harshly, as if she doesnt lives up to the moral standard or a perfect protagonist.

Which is the reason why some people judge Dany too harshly, as if she doesnt lives up to the moral standard or a perfect protagonist.

No, people judge her (I don't know about too harshly) because she doesn't live up to her own ideals and standards. At least as I see it.

Slavery is considered wrong by many other characters besides Dany. The Braavosi are virulently against it. It's outlawed in Westeros. How does being opposed to slavery make Dany more modern than other characters?

Because those didn't try to change the world at gundragonpoint, I'd wager. But you're right.

No, people judge her (I don't know about too harshly) because she doesn't live up to her own ideals and standards. At least as I see it.

Unrealistic ideals and standards for a character like that.

I mean she is a girl that grew with a megalomaniac abusive brother and she grew tougher by being the bride of what basically was a mongol khan, and when he dies she suddenly adquires modern western values? values that nobody teached her BTW. And yet the very same values crash with the Targaryen looking to get her throne back persona.

She is a horrible character.

Slavery is considered wrong by many other characters besides Dany. The Braavosi are virulently against it. It's outlawed in Westeros. How does being opposed to slavery make Dany more modern than other characters?

She is not only opposed to slavery but to social castes and mistreating the bottom rung of society.

You dont see Barristan or Jorah caring one **** about the slaves or about leaving people to die outside the walls in a siege. They hate slavery nominally, but in practice as Tyrion point out, like of a serf in Westeros isnt much different.

Unrealistic ideals and standards for a character like that.

I mean she is a girl that grew with a megalomaniac abusive brother and she grew tougher by being the bride of what basically was a mongol khan, and when he dies she suddenly adquires modern western values? values that nobody teached her BTW. And yet the very same values crash with the Targaryen looking to get her throne back persona.

She is a horrible character.

Ordering the torture of those two innocent daughters, without bothering to even check if they were children or not, was pretty horrible.

Oh, I forgot, nobody taught her it's wrong to torture children.

:rolleyes:

I thought the whole Slaver's Bay quagmire was to reveal some of Dany's faults so she becomes a more realistic character. It worked.

This.

A bunch of reasons, really. Give her time to grow as a leader, her dragons to grow enough to bear a rider's weight, and to make Dany more realistic and sympathetic. Works for me.

Ordering the torture of those two innocent daughters, without bothering to even check if they were children or not, was pretty horrible.

Oh, I forgot, nobody taught her it's wrong to torture children.

:rolleyes:

She didnt came up with the idea and she gave a green go after saying no 1000 times to all other "valid for the time" ways to fight at the killers and she does so in a fit of anger only.

And she also denies the killing of hostages too.

This.

A bunch of reasons, really. Give her time to grow as a leader, her dragons to grow enough to bear a rider's weight, and to make Dany more realistic and sympathetic. Works for me.

More realistic, perhaps.

More sympathetic... Ehhh...

She didnt came up with the idea and she gave a green go after saying no 1000 times to all other "valid for the time" ways to fight at the killers and she does so in a fit of anger only.

Yeah, I'm sure that's great consolation for tortured people everywhere.

Oh that's perfectly OK then.

And I thought giving the order to torture two innocent females who might well be children (if she bothered to check) was inherently horrible.

Yeah, being in a fit of anger is perfectly reasonable grounds for diminished responsibility in this instance.

Oh that's perfectly OK then.

And I thought giving the order to torture two innocent females who might well be children (if she bothered to check) was inherently horrible.

Yeah, being in a fit of anger is perfectly reasonable grounds for diminished responsibility in this instance.

Again, context.

Collective punishment existed in the USA (one of the most liberal nations of the time) up until the XIX century, up to the XX century in other western nations like Germany and Britain.

Yet a character who lives in what is basically the medieval or classical era and had an extremely screwed upbringing should know better and should act in according to turn of the XX century western values.

Archived