Black and Green. DoD 2.0.

After reading the "Princess and the Queen excerpt, I think there are going to be a black and green side for the DoD 2.0.

Based on the events in the last book what are your picks on which houses will side for who, If Dany is Black and Aegon is Green.

I think Tyrion will play a role in the decider (mismatched black and green eyes).

He already influenced Aegon, and he might influence Dany.

In his dream he was siding with bittersteel and Selmy with dragons fighting in the air, which could mean he would side with Aegon if Aegon is a Blackfyre.

Selmy could betray Dany for love if Septa Lemore= Ashara Dayne (However I do not believe in this theory)

He also might betray her if he believes Aegon is the rightful heir.

Or he might not betray her at all.

Also Quaithe warned Dany of a lion, which could be Tyrion deceiving her.

Both of these could be Dany's treasons.

Dorne looks likely to side with Aegon.

I also think the vale will side

However I am unsure of the rest, any thoughts and foreshadowing?

Good catch about eyes being dance factions.

Yes, a dwarf in the midst of the dragons.

I have my own wishful thinking.

I doubt Dany's band of heroes will last long. This is not a cheap holywood movie.

Her faction will suffer naval losses and later it will split. By the time she comes Aegon could be on the throne and she could just go against the Others instead.

If there will be a dance of two or three dragons, Tyrion could flip while also bringing Rhaegal to Jon or, going by the eyes, Viserion to Aegon.

But as i said before, it is likely that Aegon will not have a dragon. Although i am almost a 100% sure Dany's faction will not have all 3.

I think Tyrion will play a role in the decider (mismatched black and green eyes).

He already influenced Aegon, and he might influence Dany.

That's a good catch. At first I thought people were reading too much into the black and green thing but now I'm not sure. I also found this though I'm not sure if it's relevant.

Pate knew about the glass candles, though he had never seen one burn. They were the worst-kept secret of the Citadel. It was said that they had been brought to Oldtown from Valyria a thousand years before the Doom. He had heard there were four; one was green and three were black, and all were tall and twisted.

This quote also shows tyrion plays a major role in DoD 2.0

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

True and false could be Dany and Aegon

Bright and Dark could be green and black faction

Old and Young Idk

Would they be Green's and Black's this time around? I know they were named as such for the outfit the princess and the queen wore at a feast... but what would be the deciding factor this time around?

Rhaegal (who somehow comes to be ridden by Aegon) = green and Drogon = black.

It could something to do with Tyrion setting the Dance into motion. He was the one who told (F)Aegon to go to Westeros on his own, and not wait for Dany. And Tyrion will probably help Dany when she lands in Westeros and advice her.

Good catch about eyes being dance factions.

Yes, a dwarf in the midst of the dragons.

I have my own wishful thinking.

I doubt Dany's band of heroes will last long. This is not a cheap holywood movie.

Her faction will suffer naval losses and later it will split. By the time she comes Aegon could be on the throne and she could just go against the Others instead.

If there will be a dance of two or three dragons, Tyrion could flip while also bringing Rhaegal to Jon or, going by the eyes, Viserion to Aegon.

But as i said before, it is likely that Aegon will not have a dragon. Although i am almost a 100% sure Dany's faction will not have all 3.

Yea the other faction will get a dragon since there will be at leaste 2 dragons fighting in the air
Tyrion had drunk

himself blind his first night on the Shy Maid. The next day he awoke with dragons fighting in his skull.

Griff took one look at him retching over the side of the poleboat, and said, “You are done with drink.”

“Wine helps me sleep,” Tyrion had protested. Wine drowns my dreams, he might have said.

Rhaegal (who somehow comes to be ridden by Aegon) = green and Drogon = black.

The color of the dragons? Drogon is black and Rhaegal is green...

Meh.... I just don't buy it. It doesn't follow suit with its predecessor, which had an explicit reason for blacks and greens that didn't involve dragons. I am not disputing anything in the post, but they could just as easily be cold the blues and purples. There has to be something in the text, or something that maybe has not happened yet to decide the so called teams.

Meh.... I just don't buy it. It doesn't follow suit with its predecessor, which had an explicit reason for blacks and greens that didn't involve dragons. I am not disputing anything in the post, but they could just as easily be cold the blues and purples. There has to be something in the text, or something that maybe has not happened yet to decide the so called teams.

Look at this amazing post by Harlaw that shows Green is Dany's enemy
I think there has been a pattern in Dany’s storyline of the color green signaling something negative for Dany, such as betrayal or an enemy.
  • The Green Grace.

• Dany tries to give Viserys a green cloak, which enrages him.

• Slippers given as a gift from the Astapor envoy had green pearls on them, and they caused her feet to hurt. (This is a minor occurrence, but I think the mention of green pearls in the chapter right after the chapter where Illyrio is mentioned to be wearing a green pearl ring and admitting he sent Dany to the Dothraki to die is interesting).

• Green is one of the Mormont colors, and Jorah Mormont spied on her.

• Green dragon Rhaegal roasts Quentyn.

Since Dany is shaping up to be the Rhaenyra figure in the upcoming Dance of the Dragons, I think all these negative instances involving green become important foreshadowing for the new Dance.

But I think the color green motif will exist beyond the Dance because a lot of parties that will likely to oppose Dany are associated with green: greenseers, Stark loyalists like Manderly, Mormont, and Reed, the Tyrells, Cersei likes the color green, and Littlefinger.

Going to back Jorah and the Mormont colors, their other color is black. Although Jorah hurt her, he also helped Dany. Similarly, Tyrion with his mismatched eyes of green and black has already hurt Dany but may be able to help her too.

-Harlaw's Book (ASOIAF forum member)

A number of posters have put forward the possibility of (F)Aegon getting Rhaegal (as he's green). I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think it may be possible.

-snip-

A number of posters have put forward the possibility of (F)Aegon getting Rhaegal (as he's green). I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think it may be possible.

I have seen these posts, I can kinda be on board with the green, but if that is the case are we just throwing the black into the wind because that is how it was before. I have been looking for something to say BLACK! But there just isn't anything jumping out. And I don't like the idea of will-nilly naming Blacks because it was done previously. I want a reason lol

If Aegon does somehow come to get one of Dany's dragons, do you think that could be one of the betrayals?

And to add I really don't see him getting a dragon, but that is just me. I mean in order for there to be a DoD 2.0 he obviously has to have a dragon. It is just beyond my meager brain as to how he accomplishes this. :dunce:

I have seen these posts, I can kinda be on board with the green, but if that is the case are we just throwing the black into the wind because that is how it was before. I have been looking for something to say BLACK! But there just isn't anything jumping out. And I don't like the idea of will-nilly naming Blacks because it was done previously. I want a reason lol

Tyrion used a black dragon to defeat Aegon in Cyvasse also, I think thats another good thing to look into.

And to add I really don't see him getting a dragon, but that is just me. I mean in order for there to be a DoD 2.0 he obviously has to have a dragon. It is just beyond my meager brain as to how he accomplishes this. :dunce:

Maybe dragon binder?

Archived