Breaking Bad - Final Season. Spoilers...Tread lightly.

Mya Stone

The Huel thing isn't that contrived. Remember, he was introduced in the very scene that he lifted the cigarettes, so Saul probably hired him for his pickpocketing ability. (That is, Walt came to Saul about this beforehand, and Saul looked for a pickpocketer in response.)

Jesse's quick inference isn't that contrived at all, because he probably spent the last 3 months stewing about it. He already suspected Huel lifted it off him in the first place; he has probably been through the possibilities a hundred times. The final pickpocket probably just made it all click in place for him.

I wouldn't say the ominous guy in the last episode was that contrived. Jesse was terrified that this was a trap. When you're that scared, and looking all around you for people who want to kill you, your mind could trick you into thinking anyone looks suspicious.

I do not agree. I think it's pretty clear that he hired Huel for protection after Mike threatened to "beat him till [his] legs don't work" I don't mean for this to sound racist or anything but seriously do you hire the huge black guy for his agility and sneakiness or to protect you from violence?

I also don't think Jessie has been stewing about the ricin for months. Go back to that episode where Walt comes over to help him search and they eventually find "it." All of his emotions seem totally genuine and he really doesn't seem concerned about it after that. I think if he really had any suspicions after that point they would have come up before.

So, liked the episode, thought it was well thought out and well executed.

I liked how most of the episode was told through the eyes of characters not knowing everything and groping for some handle to grab the other side down.

What's interesting is that Walt, apparently, meant what he said; he really was going to hear Jesse out and try to get him to get away, scott free. It didn't work because Jesse really is trying to get Walt; its not some sort of emotional strike-point; he isn't going to get over it. I liked how upset he was when he knew, yet again, when Hank showed up, that Walt was STILL not going to pay for what he did. Yet.

I have no problem with Hank's plan because I think Hank read the whole thing 100% correctly: Walt really DOES want to save Jesse and DOES go out of his way to protect Jesse (and I have been saying that for 4 seasons now). To Walt, Jesse IS a good person who deserves a GOOD life (just ... far far far away). I think Hank's read was the truth and to Hank, Jesse was almost certainly - like 90% - going to live through the meeting. And if not ... they could record that 10%.

And I liked Skyler in the episode insofar as she stayed consistent with the theme this season - she is in it with Walt and wants Walt to insulate them from the past. (If only they had not wasted all of our time with Skyler season 5a).

Now, my only major complaint was ... as good of an episode as it was... we are basically in the same place we were at the start of the episode. Before the episode started, JEsse was angry at Walt, Hankw as angry at Walt, and Walt was trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube. Well, 48 minutes later and ... Walt's house is not on fire, JEsse is still angry at Walt, Hank is still angry at Walt and they are trying to get him. Yes, they are working together, but they COULD have been working together in episode 3 ... instead we have sort of taken the "scenic route" to the place we all sort of knew we would be at as early as Episode 1.... Yeah, they have done a good job with it and all, but its meandering JUST a bit.

The mods usually close them after 20 pages. Time to move to the new one so we don't lose people.

Anyone who can't understand that when one thread is locked to search for a new one probably isn't worth keeping. This actually seems more confusing as we now have two threads running about the same topic, and people feel compelled to copy their posts from one into the other to make sure they are heard.

Anyone who can't understand that when one thread is locked to search for a new one probably isn't worth keeping. This actually seems more confusing as we now have two threads running about the same topic, and people feel compelled to copy their posts from one into the other to make sure they are heard.

Actually, it's pretty much board courtesy to start a new thread on the topic once the old thread hits 400 posts.

Actually, it's pretty much board courtesy to start a new thread on the topic once the old thread hits 400 posts.

I mostly stick to the main board, but I've never seen two Small Questions, R+L=J, rethinking Sansa etc threads at once.

Edit: three now http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96141-breaking-bad-season-v-or-vi-were-not-sure-revenge-of-the-purple/

Archived