Small Questions v 10012

Stubby

As it was before, so it shall be again.

Outstanding questions from the last one:

Has anyone come across any other references to a magical marriage? GRRM mentions the term in an SSM about marriage.

This is from the SSM, the whole thing is a bit longer and the link is up above:

Hi,first post.

Kevan and Tywin know who Maggy is, how come Cercei doesn't know her connection to Jeyne?

Also, IIRC Varys mentions to Tyrion (?) about how he keeps secrets such as a King's Hand's secret whoring.Did he mean Tywin?

IIRC Varys mentions to Tyrion (?) about how he keeps secrets such as a King's Hand's secret whoring.Did he mean Tywin?

Varys came to King's Landing while Tywin was hand (I think? Certainly while Aerys was king). After Tywin came a succession (4) of relatively short-lived handships, then Jon Arryn and finally Ned. I think it's most likely aimed at Tywin, yes, but it's not conclusive.

Was the Last Hero, Azor Ahai?

They both lived during the Long Night, and they defeated the Others. Is the Last Hero and Azor Ahai the same person?

Azor Ahai was a legendary hero who lived approximately eight thousand years before Aegon's Landing. It is said that during the midst of The Long Night, Azor Ahai rose up and defeated the Others, wielding a sword of fire, called Lightbringer.

The last hero of the First Men lived during the Long Night.

They both lived during the Long Night, and they defeated the Others. Is the Last Hero and Azor Ahai the same person?

Many people believe that the Last Hero (a Westerosi story) and the legend of Azor Ahai (an Essosi story) are based on the same historical figure. While I am among them, I have to concede that the details at first glance seem different (go with a band of bros to the CotF and enlist their help vs sacrifice your wife for a burning sword). However, the Last Hero seems to have had a special blade as well (Sam found old records claiming he used one of "dragonsteel", whatever that is supposed to be), which reinforces the idea of both world saviors against the Others being one and the same.

If Cersei would've married Rhaegar or even if her marriage to Robert would have worked out better (no mentioning of Lyanna etc.)..Would she have continued to have sex with Jaime?

Just how strong is their incestual little relationship?

If Cersei would've married Rhaegar or even if her marriage to Robert would have worked out better (no mentioning of Lyanna etc.)..Would she have continued to have sex with Jaime?

With Rhaegar - hard to tell, but her relationship with Jaime would probably have still been there. With Robert - absolutely, even if she tells herself otherwise. But in either case she might instead have had her husbands children - it's one of those things that change the premise of the story to the point where we can't really "know", so short of starting down the dark road of fanfic we're getting nowhere.

I think it would continue as long as she needed to use Jamie for something, that seems to be the nature of their relationship.

There is also a line of thought that they were actually two different entities, but there is nothing textually that proves or disproves other than the fact that their stories are so much different.

Some say they are the same but I'd like to believe they are different person (coz it's too damn eyerolling meh for just one invincible hero killing thousand of armies and saving the world in this kind of series).

Most likely before, during, or slightly after, how long cans someone live on onions?

It's not that bad for a vegetable actually (40 kcal / 100 g). Not as good as, say, potatoes of course, but still half a shipload of potatoes loses against a whole shipload of onions. Of course we know neither the size of the garrison nor of Davos's ships, but I can imagine that it would buy them some time.

It's not that bad for a vegetable actually (40 kcal / 100 g). Not as good as, say, potatoes of course, but still half a shipload of potatoes loses against a whole shipload of onions. Of course we know neither the size of the garrison nor of Davos's ships, but I can imagine that it would buy them some time.

I'm almost certain there's reference in the text that the onions came just in time. And that Redwyne's fleet had grown lax.

Are there still things of wildfire in KL? From when Aerys put them all there, or did Tyrion get them all out?

It would seem quite a coincidence if the last cache we meet was also the last cache that was there even though of course we don't know for sure. There are several threads speculating on this, the most recent one I'm aware of was active yesterday.

As it was before, so it shall be again.

Outstanding questions from the last one:

I take the magical marriage as marriage for love that never fails. Doran and Mellario married for love (so not political) but they eventually fall out of love (so not magical either) because of human nature (they have differences and can't work them out). Some other magical marriage reference? It's hard to find one marriage in Westeros that is not political or magical. :P

Are there still things of wildfire in KL? From when Aerys put them all there, or did Tyrion get them all out?

The only two caches of wildfire that were discovered and removed were the ones under the Great Sept and the Dragonpit. Tyrion didn't even know why they were there, only Jamie does.

Archived