Funniest theory you ever heard?

Jojen's Paste

Joffery is Aerys bastard. Varys uses Aerys "seed" to impregnate Cersei sometime after Aerys death

Dafuq?

Though I'm pretty sure it was a troll, it made me actually lol.

The theory that Hodor is actually Aegon. When he was allegedly killed, he actually survived, but suffered severe brain damage as well as damage to his pituitary gland, causing excessive growth.

The name Hodor is a combination of the words he heard just before his injury; his mother calling for the guard to "Hold the door! Hold the door"

This. This is brilliamt-someone make it a thread, stat!

Though I'm pretty sure it was a troll, it made me actually lol.

The theory that Hodor is actually Aegon. When he was allegedly killed, he actually survived, but suffered severe brain damage as well as damage to his pituitary gland, causing excessive growth.

The name Hodor is a combination of the words he heard just before his injury; his mother calling for the guard to "Hold the door! Hold the door"

Weird, I have never seen that theory, but I went through the completly same thought process just with two different words when someone proposed the idea of Hodor being Arthur Dayne at some point in June. Thread got deleted afterwards though.

• 5 months later...

Any theory where people claim Rhaegar is alive hoping that his noble handsome superness lives, despite every scenario where he lives in every theory makes him a disgusting human being letting his entire family and everything he loves die and not giving enough fucks to do anything about it...

Any theory where people claim Rhaegar is alive hoping that his noble handsome superness lives, despite every scenario where he lives in every theory makes him a disgusting human being letting his entire family and everything he loves die and not giving enough fucks to do anything about it...

Yeah, kinda like that awful, selfish a-hole Robb Stark, Rhaegar is. BTW, what was Rhaegar supposed to do about Aerys, Elia and his children, seeing as he was deader'n dead before Jamie & the Mountain did their deeds?

I mean, it's not as if GRRM has written about Targs emerging from funeral pyres, nor has he resurrected the dead, nor had characters use glamors, nor written stories of heroes reborn.....

Is it likely? Nope. Is it completely unfounded? Nope. Why do the Rhaegar groupies get so much more crap than the Ashara is alive and with Howland groupies? Or the Tyrion is a Targ groupies. If Ashara is alive and Tyrion is a Targ, than Rhaegar is allowed to be a phoenix.

Besides, All GRRM said was that Rhaegar was cremated as is customary for Targs. It doesn't leave but a little, teeny, weensy sliver of hope for a hitch (see hitches above), but if you're into the Hot Last Dragon, you can hope. And I ain't mad atcha for it.

Varys, the secret commander of the Unsullied.

Another is that Ned killed Lyanna, for some reason. I forgot the "evidence" put forth because I was too busy laughing at the title.

Yeah, kinda like that awful, selfish a-hole Robb Stark, Rhaegar is. BTW, what was Rhaegar supposed to do about Aerys, Elia and his children, seeing as he was deader'n dead before Jamie & the Mountain did their deeds?

I mean, it's not as if GRRM has written about Targs emerging from funeral pyres, nor has he resurrected the dead, nor had characters use glamors, nor written stories of heroes reborn.....

Is it likely? Nope. Is it completely unfounded? Nope. Why do the Rhaegar groupies get so much more crap than the Ashara is alive and with Howland groupies? Or the Tyrion is a Targ groupies. If Ashara is alive and Tyrion is a Targ, than Rhaegar is allowed to be a phoenix.

Besides, All GRRM said was that Rhaegar was cremated as is customary for Targs. It doesn't leave but a little, teeny, weensy sliver of hope for a hitch (see hitches above), but if you're into the Hot Last Dragon, you can hope. And I ain't mad atcha for it.

calm down :lol: I like Rhaegar but I have to admit that he's dead.

And I'm glad he's dead for one single reason. Robert Baratheon is alive while he's with Lyanna :P

Yeah, kinda like that awful, selfish a-hole Robb Stark, Rhaegar is. BTW, what was Rhaegar supposed to do about Aerys, Elia and his children, seeing as he was deader'n dead before the Jamie & the Mountain did their deeds?

What could Rhaegar do for Aerys, Elia and the children? He could march his army to the Trident and win. He tried and died.

If he left before the battle and somebody else was in his armor, he could have fled to Kingslanding and saved his family, if he...what was it? Magically disappeared during the fighting after being unhorsed and landed on the Quiet Isle to be healed he could seek out the last remaining Targs and not leave them stranded alone or find out what happened to that chick he left in a Tower in Dorne.

Hey, if people want to believe the Sun is purple I'm cool with it, this is the theories that make you laugh thread and all those theories are a riot for me.

calm down :lol: I like Rhaegar but I have to admit that he's dead.

And I'm glad he's dead for one single reason. Robert Baratheon is alive while he's with Lyanna :P

That's a very sweet thought....but I do love Robert in his own way, too. Difference is that Robert got fat and drunk before he died, and Rhaegar didn't. Rhaegar stayed gold. Robert showed us nothing gold can stay....stay skinny, handsome or sober, that is.

What could Rhaegar do for Aerys, Elia and the children? He could march his army to the Trident and win. He tried and died.

If he left before the battle and somebody else was in his armor, he could have fled to Kingslanding and saved his family, if he...what was it? Magically disappeared during the fighting after being unhorsed and landed on the Quiet Isle to be healed he could seek out the last remaining Targs and not leave them stranded alone or find out what happened to that chick he left in a Tower in Dorne.

Hey, if people want to believe the Sun is purple I'm cool with it, this is the theories that make you laugh thread and all those theories are a riot for me.

I can totally see that happening.

No. I can't. But if I could, I wouldn't admit it here because posters here would clobber me like Robert clobbered Rhaegar's rubies. I was merely suggesting that if people want to run with something about Rhaegar, they should be no more or less subject to scrutiny than those who think Qaithe is Sheira.

The funniest theory I ever heard is that Targs had relations with their dragons. Not funny "hah hah," but funny "weird."

Archived