Melisandre will burn Stannis?

Lazy Lion

Since we're playing "Crackpot Theory" today...

Mel has asserted countless times through the series that "There is power in a King's blood," and that this power was required to "wake the stone dragon(s)."

But her attempts to use that king's blood power always fall through. (Edric Storm smuggled out by Davos, she burns Rattleshirt instead of Mance, Jon switches the babies and sends Aemon away)

So what are the odds she finally realizes that Stannis is not AAR, and remembers that he has "King's blood" as well?

But Stannis doesn't have a single drop of kings blood, well at least you count his cousin Aerys.

I think that means more him being consumed and destroyed by his quest to be king, not him literally burning to death.

That's a good interpretation of the vision.

He is a descendant of the last Storm King in the female line.

And from Aegon V onward through his grandmother

Mel won't burn Stannis, but I think she will sacrifice Shireen.

I don't think Mel could burn Stannis for his king's blood even if she cared to. Stannis has the loyalty of his men and it's because of them and her ruby that she hasn't already been killed. The queen's men may defend her but they are a minority even among the southerners with Stannis so they couldn't really hold off the king's men and the northmen who want to spill their guts

Of course she will, it's totally realistic!

Melisandre: Stannis

Stannis: ?

Melisandre: Look into the flames your grace you will see your victoryt

Stannis: wtf

Melisandre: You are the Lord's chosen just do it

Stannis: ok

Melisandre: *pushes Stannis into the flames*

Done.

The only way I see this playing out is,Stannis deciding to sacrifice himself to the flames for the realm,after seeing the true power of R'hloor in some fashion and the Others have crushed the people to the point of desperation.

Stannis isn't mentally abnormal so no.

Stannis isn't mentally abnormal so no.

Its not being mentally abnormal IMO. Stannis does know that he has the power of king's blood in him..its almost like a Harry-potter thing(he realises hes a horcrux himself and needs to die).Stannis has been trying to use the power of king's blood from different sources,whos to say he wont use his own as an ultimate sacrifice?

Its not being mentally abnormal IMO. Stannis does know that he has the power of king's blood in him..its almost like a Harry-potter thing(he realises hes a horcrux himself and needs to die).Stannis has been trying to use the power of king's blood from different sources,whos to say he wont use his own as an ultimate sacrifice?

Do you people ever take a person's character into account when you theorize possible things they might do? Stannis values his life if anything, he knows he is the true heir to the Throne, he puts the importance of his rebellion far above his agnostic views towards Rh'llor. It's been made painfully clear he knows the red faith has some power but does not worship it.

He will not sacrifice himself in such an idiotic fashion. The closest he could come to this character devastating, plot-ruining catastrophe of a scene is leeching a bit of blood off himself.

So what are the odds she finally realizes that Stannis is not AAR, and remembers that he has "King's blood" as well?

Rather low.

After all, her ADWD chapter has her continually telling the fires to show her Azor Ahai, and they keep showing her Jon Snow. And if she can't take that hint, I'm not sure she'll ever go for the idea Stannis isn't AAR.

Do you people ever take a person's character into account when you theorize possible things they might do? Stannis values his life if anything, he knows he is the true heir to the Throne, he puts the importance of his rebellion far above his agnostic views towards Rh'llor. It's been made painfully clear he knows the red faith has some power but does not worship it.

He will not sacrifice himself in such an idiotic fashion. The closest he could come to this character devastating, plot-ruining catastrophe of a scene is leeching a bit of blood off himself.

about the Stannis values his life part..

In the TWOW Theon chapter,he orders Justin Massey to carry on and make Shireen sit on IT if he dies..something we havent seen Stannis say for a long time. Clearly Stannis knows his life may end anytime,if he valued his life he'd be sitting at the Wall or Dragonstone for that matter.

For heaven's sake he told him to do that in the scenario that he dies, he didn't say he plans on killing himself. Are you deliberately misinterpreting the life out of that passage?

It just amazes me - and I admit makes me rage a bit - whenever people come up with this 'did Ned rape Lyanna' or 'will Stannis bend the knee to Jon' nonsensical theories which require a character's very development to be butchered and tossed down the garbage chute to materialize. Stannis will not kill himself because he wants Shireen to be his heir.

about the Stannis values his life part..

In the TWOW Theon chapter,he orders Justin Massey to carry on and make Shireen sit on IT if he dies..something we havent seen Stannis say for a long time. Clearly Stannis knows his life may end anytime,if he valued his life he'd be sitting at the Wall or Dragonstone for that matter.

Him sitting on the wall or at Dragonstone would accomplish nothing and he know this,which is why he leads the armies(from the back anyway).

The idea of burning someone as sacrifice maybe idiotic to you and me,but not to Stannis,he believed burning Edric will bring an end to the war.to say he doesnt believe in R'hllor is baseless.When he considers that burning 1 boy for entire kingdom is worth it,there is a certainly a probablity that UNDER EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES he might consider sacrificing his own life for the greater good.When the Others attack,his rebellion or other disputes wont matter.

The idea of burning someone as sacrifice maybe idiotic to you and me,but not to Stannis,he believed burning Edric will bring an end to the war.to say he doesnt believe in R'hllor is baseless.When he considers that burning 1 boy for entire kingdom is worth it,there is a certainly a probablity that UNDER EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES he might consider sacrificing his own life for the greater good.When the Others attack,his rebellion or other disputes wont matter.

Stannis is noble and all that but he isn't that noble.

Archived