Daily BAMF Day 3: The Red Viper

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Maybe it's a silly reason to like him, but I think it's cool that he's bi. It's considered socially acceptable for women to be bisexual or bicurious but it isn't that way for men (I'm talking about real life here). There aren't very many men in popular culture who are bi. When it exists, it's usually assumed he's halfway to coming out as gay and not genuinely bisexual. It gives the character some dimension so we're not surprised in AFFC when Dorne turns out to be an integral part of the story.

Agreed. Oberyn Martell is a BAMF. The Red Viper certainly has the greatest fight, arguably the greatest moment in the series thus far. I literally felt every moment as I was reading it. Cheers to GRRM for that! The only drawback is his very short time in the books. He was an early favorite so he was destined to die early. Bummer.

Maybe it's a silly reason to like him, but I think it's cool that he's bi. It's considered socially acceptable for women to be bisexual or bicurious but it isn't that way for men (I'm talking about real life here). There aren't very many men in popular culture who are bi. When it exists, it's usually assumed he's halfway to coming out as gay and not genuinely bisexual. It gives the character some dimension so we're not surprised in AFFC when Dorne turns out to be an integral part of the story.

Semi-unrelated but is your title a Twilight zone reference? If so that's awesome brah

Definitely a bamf and you wish he'd surfaced earlier and survived longer.

What makes him cool in my view point is how fiercely he loved his daughters, and how we appreciated and encouraged their independence and free spiritedness. He wasn't plotting of ways to just marry them off the way most noble fathers in Westeros do. Very cool. And of course, the way he went out, Eliaaaa. Hugely touching and fist-pump worthy.

Archived