[Starz] Black Sails [Spoilers off the port bow!]

Commodore

I still beliiiieeeeeve!!!!

At some point I'd fear the awesomeness of the cast could get in the way of the show if Mads was there too. While we're at it, they should find a job for Ian Mcshane too (he's already played Black beard).

I often wonder, given the literary inspiration, if they'd dare introduce a young Captain Hook? He was apparently part of Blackbeard's crew. It would be a nice easter egg.

After the last episode I can see why folk might fear for Flint yet I suspect his death may not be until another season. Surely he has to get the treausure and hide it first? I'd be surprised if there is time to have a jailbreak and get the treasure in one episode. Flint does have a sense of death about him now though as there's nothing but vengeance left for him now. There isn't really a happy ending for that type of character (dying of alcoholism actually fits) so I'd rather he gets a blaze of glory

I actually think the bald guy lived.

Was he there when Flint's crew was being held in the hold? :)

I agree, being objective, Black Sails is stronger, more visceral, dirty, breath-taking and in production values as well of course.

Hey, subjectively it's all good to like them equally :) as long as we agree that objectively BS is light-years ahead of TM we agree.

Yes, Mr Veltigar,,,,, totally in a good way

:cheers:

Regarding Underhill and his being rather unimpressive and ordinary: wasn't that actually great? For all that build up you'd think you were being shown a lordly feudal style baron, instead you got the dirt farmer who happens to be stronger than anyone else.

I don't know I expected someone more vicious I guess. Perhaps it was a side-effect of binging on Banshee, but I was expecting a real terror of a man. Someone who wasn't just able to ward of the Spanish and the pirates, but who also kept his slaves and fellow planters in check. At first glance this Underhill lacked the inner steel I guess. I thought he would look more like Captain Brice from season one. Langley Kirkwood has that you-don't-want-to-fuck-with-me look down to a T (although an outlandish colossus of a man would have been nice to, sort of like Geno Segers in Banshee).

Than again, I understand the subversion. Plus, it makes sense if they didn't want Underhill to become a major antagonist. I always assumed that eventually Underhill would become the major antagonist of a future season, he's just there to show how desperate the planters actually are.

I still beliiiieeeeeve!!!!

Semper Fidelis :cheers:

While we're at it, they should find a job for Ian Mcshane too (he's already played Blackbeard).

No, he didn't. That movie never happened. It doesn't exist :commie: There is only one PoTC-movie.

At some point I'd fear the awesomeness of the cast could get in the way of the show if Mads was there too.

Mads Mikkelsen should be in everything. No excuses :P

There isn't really a happy ending for that type of character (dying of alcoholism actually fits) so I'd rather he gets a blaze of glory

Perhaps they'll change it though. If the pardon issue doesn't get resolved (and right now I can't see how it would, or Flint would have to take Abigail hostage and force Peter), they will have thrown real history out of the window. So, who knows what they'll do with the book.

Well, in case no one here heard it :

Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard for season 3 !

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/422725-ray-stevenson-joins-starz-black-sails-as-blackbeard

Reading this article and it still baffles me how this show can actually be this great. I mean just look at the people behind the series:

“Black Sails” is created by executive producers Jonathan E. Steinberg (“Jericho,’ “Human Target”) and Robert Levine (“Touch”) and is also executive produced by Michael Bay (Transformers,Armageddon) and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, producers onTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Purge.

How are these people able to make a show like Black Sails? The only good thing on here is Jericho and even that wasn't amazing.

Cloaked ship. probably left it in the reeds a couple miles from port and did the amphibious camoflauge sneak-up thing along shore like marines the rest of the way.

the trick isn't getting Flint's crew to work hard to free Flint alongside Vane's men; the trick is to prevent Flint's men from also turning against Vane's crew during or after wrecking the town, in retaliation for the recent slaughter of their shipmates.

Captain Flint, original gangster

*Toby throws rock sign* LMAO!!!

No

Alright, I'll give it one last try. This time through Youtube :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSjm_UHk0s&feature=youtu.be

ETA: Oh, for fucks sake Starz blocked the content of the video... But they haven't uploaded that video themselves. What a shitty move of them. No other choice but to visit Black Sails FB page I guess? Sorry guys :(

Best show ever?!?!!!!

Silver the one legged pirate

Wouldn't give up 10 names

And if Flint gets prosecuted, to speak on his behalf his Vane

Then on the burning Charleston night, while Guthrie sailed away

Max who wears those clothes so tight, buys a palace twice the asking price.

Now there is only one king

Goes by the name of Jack

And if you ever cross him, you'll meet the lady with a big hat

Minor nitpick, but I always hate how in pre-industrial fictional situations, you'll have some guy reading dialogue to a large crowd (whether its making announcements at the coliseum or threatening speeches to the hapless denizens of Charles Vane Town [holla!]) but in a normal volume and tone of voice. In this case Vane was basically just using his growly baritone. And it always takes me out of suspension of disbelief because there's no way anyone but maybe a tiny handful really close by would really hear them.

Anyway. Fuck yeah!

Archived