Why do people think Arya will die? (Just curious, not defensive).

Cloud

Honestly...I really struggle to see the point of Arya. Personally, I think she'd have more of a part to play if she permanently warged in Nymeria. So that makes me wonder if she might die. But on the other hand...that would make her whole story arc in Braavos pretty pointless. If she does die, then I would hope it was after doing something really awesome that justifies her place in the story. Just not sure what that will be, considering that--no matter how bad ass she might be--she's still just a little girl.

m'ladyzoned.

LOL!

As it stands, I don't think she's going to make it through the series because I don't see a purpose for her after all is said and done. I think either Sansa or Rickon will end up as the ruler of Winterfell, so she's not going to be needed in that role. I have a hard time picturing Arya getting married at all, let alone submitting to a mere political marriage to cement an alliance of some kind. (Part of that, admittedly, is the young age of her character - she isn't thinking about romance in the short or long term). Whether she has a place at King's Landing will depend on who takes the throne; Jon or Sansa (or, outside shot, Gendry) are the only potential rulers that would have a reason to keep Arya around. As it stands, Arya could retire as either a spymaster or a "dance" master, and those seem like kind of anti-climactic roles.

If she stays on the assassin path, I think she's going to die an anonymous death that won't matter to anyone but the readers (because all her family already think she's dead).

I think her most likely end is that she breaks off the assassin path, and dies trying to help her family.

Hahaha @ "m'ladyzoned."

I was reminded in looking at this thread of Jon's recurring dream of going down into the crypts from AGOT that he recounts to Sam:

“I’m walking down this long empty hall. My voice echoes all around, but no one answers, so I walk faster, opening doors, shouting names. I don’t even know who I’m looking for. Most nights it’s my father, but sometimes it’s Robb instead, or my little sister Arya, or my uncle.”…“

Now, what do all these characters in that list who aren't Arya have in common as of ADWD? And bearing in mind that Jon is in all likelihood half-Targ and therefore inclined to have prophetic dreams...

when a character decides her/his tragic fate and IMHO, Arya chosed hers when she chosed to go to Bravoos instead of going to the Wall at the end of book 3

How did she choose not to go to the wall? She had no choice but the only passage she could pay for.

How did she choose not to go to the wall? She had no choice but the only passage she could pay for.

she could had chosen not go to Bravos and look for a ship that went to the Wall. She could had manage to get more money

Also Arya been compared with Brandon and Lyanna, because her "wolf blood", both dying young could be a foreshadow. .

Archived