Dany/Jon ship? Is this on theory based on real facts or made by delusional fangirls?

Maud

A disgusting myth perpetuated by those willing to attempt anything in order to deny the already firmly established Jonnis.

You make me miss like so much...

Jon/Dany= Jony or Dany/Jon=Dan simply don't measure up.

There is enough foreshadowing and symbolism to suggest that there will be a romantic relationship between them. It has nothing to do with being "delusional" or a "fangirl".

Personally I support the pairing and want it to happen mostly because of how many readers hate it. But I also support any plot development that would bring Dany happiness, and "filled the air with a sweetness" certainly suggests that Jon will be a source of happiness and "sweetness" for Daenerys, regardless of whether or not they have a romantic or sexual relationship.

Do you ship them? Or do you think that he will marry Val or someone else?

"Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.... mother of dragons, bride of fire..."

This marriage is was foreshadowed from ACOK. I simply cannot belive that someone would ship Jon with Val or someone else after reading this.

The key words are "bride",,,,,and "of fire"

Jon belongs with Asha. House Greysnow. Like the slushy snow at the end of the winter with car exhaust in it. It indicates spring is coming but it looks like of icky.

Jon and Dany wouldn't like each other but I could see them in a loveless political marriage.

Jon/Dany is still better Jon/Val.

This marriage is was foreshadowed from ACOK. I simply cannot belive that someone would ship Jon with Val or someone else after reading this.

What I can't believe is that you think the blue flower growing in the wall of ice means Jon/Dany. It very obviously is a reference to the fact that Lyanna's son is on the Wall.

What I can't believe is that you think the blue flower growing in the wall of ice means Jon/Dany. It very obviously is a reference to the fact that Lyanna's son is on the Wall.

Every vision Dany sees from the Undying is about her (when she specifically asks them for help; I'm not talking about the earlier visions when she's searching for the Undying).

She sees a vision suggesting that the union of Lyanna and Rhaegar is at the Wall. But the vision is still about her. The blue rose fills the air with "sweetness", suggesting that Jon will be a source of joy for Daenerys. Also significantly, the Undying call her the "bride of fire" after this vision. That doesn't necessarily mean Dany will be the bride of Jon ("daughter of death" and "slayer of lies" are both explicit, so I expect "bride of fire" to be the feminine version of the "warrior of fire"), but I think there is certainly a romantic element being foreshadowed, considering that one of the visions is of Dany's wedding night to Khal Drogo.

I've not really seen a compelling reason why they'd like each other. Neither is the others type.

Daenerys like extroverts; Khal Drogo, Daario. Jon will seem mopey and sullen, and his characteristic Starkness will not impress. He'll seem too introverted, and too much of a pill. Probably remind her of Jorah Mormont.

Jon likes women like Ygritte and Val (and platonically, Arya). Daenerys will seem closeminded and arrogant and like another southron lady talking about how you don't teach the dragon lessons and her titles, etc. Daenerys will probably remind him of women like Catelyn and Cersei and Selyse.

What would they even find in common in terms of their goals? They seem intent on fighting totally different wars.

Im not sure Jon would see Dany as just like Selyse or Cersei. Dany has some of the more fiery aspects to her that he likes, but when it comes down to it, she would put him off. (depending on how she is introduced to him) And vice versa. So i agree that the two arent each other's type.

If Dany and Jon meet and not as enemies, i think the blue rose smelling sweet could signify a more family type relationship. The aunt/nephew dynamic. Maybe. But yeah, i really dont want those two to be a romantic thing.

Im not sure Jon would see Dany as just like Selyse or Cersei. Dany has some of the more fiery aspects to her that he likes, but when it comes down to it, she would put him off. (depending on how she is introduced to him) And vice versa. So i agree that the two arent each other's type.

If Dany and Jon meet and not as enemies, i think the blue rose smelling sweet could signify a more family type relationship. The aunt/nephew dynamic. Maybe. But yeah, i really dont want those two to be a romantic thing.

It could. After all, if they figure out they're family, I can't see Jon wanting to necessarily get into an incestuous relationship.

Well they basically take the name of the series and go 'A Song of Jon and Dany = Ice and Fire' but I agree, thinking that the series will end with a romance, this wonderful realistic series, is a disrespect to Martin IMO.

The crucial fact is that the quote appears in the "marriage" trio.

The first is Drogo, the 2nd looks like a greyjoy, and the 3rd - the one she will wed for love - is the blue flower (Jon).

Even though I gag at this pairing, the hints seem pretty solid.

When deciding whether I wanna root for a pairing or possibility, I have to ask myself, do I prefer the realistic part of the series, or the extreme fantasy part? Given that the romanticized fantasy loving actions in the series lead to bad and more bad (Rhaegar idiotically running off with Lyanna and enraging her family, Aerion Brightflame drinking wildfire etc etc), I take reality over any contrived theorized possibilities. Dany walking into flames was an exception though.

But her second husband is Hizdar and not a Greyjoy (no matter what Euron hopes).

Anyway, I can see it going both ways (romantic of familial). Either would be sweet to Dany, who idealizes Rhaegar. Remember, Martin loves to twist his prophecies, so even if it seems 'obvious', that doesn't make it so. However Martin resolves it, I am sure it will be well written and believable. Personally I don't mind if they marry, but I'd rather see it as a rational decision rather than of the heart. Hey, you're a dragon, I'm a dragon - this is what we do. Come on, let's get married. I'm not invested in any one outcome of who ends up with who, who rules, etc - I'm just along for the ride.

The blue rose fills the air with "sweetness", suggesting that Jon will be a source of joy for Daenerys.

Err, there are a couple of things the smell and taste of 'sweetness' represents in Daenerys arc. Finding Joy is kind of the opposite of them.

She remembered Ser Willem dimly, a great grey bear of a man, half-blind, roaring and bellowing orders from his sickbed. The servants had lived in terror of him, but he had always been kind to Dany. He called her “Little Princess” and sometimes “My Lady,” and his hands were soft as old leather. He never left his bed, though, and the smell of sickness clung to him day and night, a hot, moist, sickly sweet odor.

Sweet, isn’t it?” the wineseller said, smiling. “Can you smell the fruit, ser? The perfume of the Arbor. Taste it, my lord, and tell me it isn’t the finest, richest wine that’s ever touched your tongue.”

Ser Jorah offered him the cup. “You taste it first.”

When they were alone, Ser Jorah drew his dagger. Deftly, with a delicacy surprising in such a big man, he began to scrape away the black leaves and dried blue mud from Drogo’s chest. The plaster had caked hard as the mud walls of the Lamb Men, and like those walls it cracked easily. Ser Jorah broke the dry mud with his knife, pried the chunks from the flesh, peeled off the leaves one by one. A foul, sweet smell rose from the wound, so thick it almost choked her. The leaves were crusted with blood and pus, Drogo’s breast black and glistening with corruption.

“No,” Dany whispered as tears ran down her cheeks. “No, please, gods hear me, no.”

Jorah looked no less ferocious as he scowled at the crowd that filled the bazaar. “I would not linger here long, my queen. I mislike the very smell of this place.”

Dany smiled. “Perhaps it’s the camels you’re smelling. The Qartheen themselves seem sweet enough to my nose.”

“Sweet smells are sometimes used to cover foul ones.”

The wizards were beckoning her with voices sweeter than song. She ran from them, Drogon flying back down to her.

Ser Jorah stood behind her sweltering in his green surcoat with the black bear of Mormont embroidered upon it. The smell of his sweat was an earthy answer to the sweet perfumes that drenched the Astapori.

Beware the perfumed seneschal.

Daenerys held out her cup for Irri to refill. The wine was sweet and strong, redolent with the smell of eastern spices, much superior to the thin Ghiscari wines that had filled her cup of late. Xaro

perused the fruits on the platter Jhiqui offered him and chose a persimmon. Its orange skin matched the color of the coral in his nose. He took a bite and pursed his lips. “Tart.”

“Would my lord prefer something sweeter?”

Sweetness cloys. Tart fruit and tart women give life its savor.” Xaro took another bite, chewed, swallowed.

If you would savor the sweet taste of the fruit, you must water the tree.”

“This tree has been watered with blood.”

Hizdahr had stocked their box with flagons of chilled wine and sweetwater, with figs, dates, melons, and pomegranates, with pecans and peppers and a big bowl of honeyed locusts. Strong Belwas bellowed,

Locusts!” as he seized the bowl and began to crunch them by the handful.

Those are very tasty,” advised Hizdahr. “You ought to try a few yourself, my love. They are rolled in spice before the honey, so they are sweet and hot at once.”

Archived