Ser Desmond Grell/ Ser Robin Ryger

MidnightAurora

After the surrender of Riverrun, they choose to go to the Wall and hoping they get there. They stated the Wall always needed good men, but is there something more to them going to the Wall? Did Edmure or Brynden or both tell them to go to the wall on some sort of plan/mission? Any thoughts regarding these two? They were Tully men through and through for all their lives so no way would they stay on assist Freys, but it seems there is something more to them going to the wall beside them just thinking they are old.

Tom is there and wondering if he is in on any plan... whether it be from Lady Stoneheart/Edmure/Blackfish.

I am still trying to think where the Blackfish went and what sort of plan he has...

Why does Catelyn and he uncle and brother seem to not like Jon? Because he is bastard and they think all bastards cannot be trusted? Why would they think Tywin had anything to do with helping to put Eddard Stark's supposed bastard become Lord Commander. I get frustrated because they dislike people they should trust and trust people they should not and ask more questions.

Anyways back on topic--- Do you think there is something else driving thse two Tully men to the Wall? Whether it be a plan made by Blackfish/Edmure or someone else? Thoughts?

• 1 year later...

Interesting question - I had forgotten all about those guys. Personally I don't see any deeper plot in it than just not wanting to stay and serve the Freys. But with all the action happening at the Wall and in the North more generally, I'm interested to see if they pop up somewhere unexpectedly and have an impact on events.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think they found out about Robbs will from Tom o'Sevens from LSH. Stoneheart had him get into the castle to inform the Blackfish of his niece and her plan and his great nephews heir.... also think theyre going North to see how Jon is as a person just like the Flints did during the Thenn/Karstark wedding...

• 1 month later...

Jamie gave all of Riverrun the same choices as King Robert did on vanquishing a foe...swear fealty to the new lord Emmon Frey, take the Black or the third unsaid execution...

Grell and Ryger did the honourable thing and took the Black, their loyalty continued to lie with the Tullys and they could not bring themselves to the bend the knee to a son of lord that owed fealty to the Tullys....

Yes the Blackfish is working a plan, first to meet up with Jeyne Westerling who escaped the clutches of her venal mother, second he knows that Raynauld Westerling and more than likely Grey Wind escaped the Red Wedding and would want them under his tutelage, third make his way to GreyWatch picking up whatever Tully loyalists are scattered about, start a guerilla war against Emmon in the north of Riverrun's lands

Tom is there to spy and cause quiet inserrection on the Frey Riverrun and report their weaknesses back to BwB

Archived