Cersei Lannister and the more beautiful queen.

Archibald Big Man

IMO the queen can only be Sansa or Margaery

1. They played a role in Joffrey's murder

2. They're beautiful

3. Margaery's taking Tommen

4. Jaime abandoned Cersei in favour of Sansa

5. Margaery's queen and Sansa's in a position to become one

6. They're playing/learning the game; they can destroy Cersei through politics

7. They're the only ones who've had a past with Cersei

8. It would be poetic justice if either of them destroyed her

9. The difference between them and Dany is that Dany would just see another one of her many enemies; nothing special. These two however have a serious personal vendetta against Cersei

Though I wouldn't mind Arianne :D I love the Martells :wub:

I know people say "beauty is skin deep" but come on this is Cersei Lannister's prophecy; she's the vainest woman in the seven kingdoms. Her beauty and power are dear to her; the only way thewoman can take this from her is if she's a more beautiful queen.

I always thought it would be Dany or Sansa; doubt it's Margaery

My doubts come from the fact that she's most likely a red herring, but I'd still prefer it being her rather than Dany. Inevitable prophecies are so boring.

I would go with Sansa too. But I also like the younger Cersei theory.

I like this theory as well :)

But I really want the girl Cersei mocked, scorned, humiliated, jeered and insulted ended up being the one to destroy her :D

Because he ignored Cersei's letter for help, but didn't hesitate to follow Brienne when she told him the Hound had Sansa

But isn't that more about his oath to Catelyn? He has no such oath to bind him to Cersei. One is about a personal attachment, the other is about an oath. He has no personal feelings about Sansa one way or another. I don't think we can exactly say that he abandoned Cersei in favor of Sansa.

I think it will be Dany who will finally get rid of Cersei.

But isn't that more about his oath to Catelyn? He has no such oath to bind him to Cersei. One is about a personal attachment, the other is about an oath. He has no personal feelings about Sansa one way or another. I don't think we can exactly say that he abandoned Cersei in favor of Sansa.

Sansa's still the reason he abandoned Cersei when she desperately needed him. Remember Sansa is Jaime's last chance at honour; he chose Sansa because Sansa gives him a future whilst Cersei highlights his past.

I don't see how it's Dany; she never took anything Cersei held dear

Cersei is a member of the Royal family. His first oath as a kingsgaurd would be to protect her.

But like he said, whats an oath worth? "They make you swear and swear, one contradicts the other" (paraphrase)

I compiled pretty much all the potential queens in this post: http://asoiaf.wester...autiful-queens/ .

Never generated much discussion, but for those interested in the many theories, I still thinks its a good read.

My personal favorites are "Brienne the Beauty," "Nymeria," and "Jeyne Westerling."

As for those, it could be that "beautiful" isn't referring to physical beauty...

The "an Other" theory is interesting too...

Maybe Cersei misheard the prophecy, and it was really supposed to go like this...

"Until there comes an Other.. younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear..."

You see, it's the night king's blue-eyed queen from beyond the wall, come down from the land of always winter during winds of winter to steal the iron throne and enslave all the men, hehehe

The prophecy is telling Cersei that she will be queen, until she is replaced by someone "younger and more beautiful".

<snip>

No, I'm really not taking it too literally. Look at the wording: "Queen you shall be... until there comes another..." Whoever the "another" is, once s/he comes Cersei will stop being the queen.

But that doesn't mean that the person will automatically become the new queen. There's nothing at all about a replacement queen in the prophecy. The rest of the "until there comes another" part is that the "another" will come along and take all Cersei holds dear and cast her down. That person can take the queenship from Cersei (providing that is something that she holds dear), but doesn't have to do that by replacing her as Queen; it just needs to be taken from her.

Sansa's still the reason he abandoned Cersei when she desperately needed him. Remember Sansa is Jaime's last chance at honour; he chose Sansa because Sansa gives him a future whilst Cersei highlights his past.

Yeah, no. Jaimie did not abandon Cersei for Sansa. By the time Brienne turns up, he has already abandoned Cersei. He even thinks that Cersei would not even be alive by the time he goes back and even if he went back there was nothing he could have done to save her. At this stage, he was planning to confess the truth about the incest, the kids etc. This was all before Brienne comes to him with news of Sansa.

His decision to go after Sansa is not related to Cersei. That has to do with the oath he gave Catelyn. He's reminded of this when he sees Brienne's sword Oathkeeper.

And neither did Sansa. She did not kill Joffrey. She was an unwitting accomplice.

The story is not over yet. Cersei still hold things that are dear to her (Tommen and Myrcella). I expect Dany to come over and kick some Lannister ass and take Cersei down with Tyrion's help. Once Dany gets to Westeros she needs to start getting involved with the story and the characters there in a big way. I expect taking KL will be a major storypoint for her.

But that doesn't mean that the person will automatically become the new queen. There's nothing at all about a replacement queen in the prophecy. The rest of the "until there comes another" part is that the "another" will come along and take all Cersei holds dear and cast her down. That person can take the queenship from Cersei (providing that is something that she holds dear), but doesn't have to do that by replacing her as Queen; it just needs to be taken from her.

But the only way for Cersei to stop being the queen (which is, y'know, what the whole prophecy is actually about) is if someone ends/replaces the Baratheon dynasty. She will always be the queen dowager as long as House Baratheon is still the ruling family.

The only need to take from Cersei what she holds dear at that moment. Otherwise there can't possibly be a Younger Queen, because none of them took Joanna or Tywin away from her, and she held them dear.

Archived