Michiel Huisman as Daario?

TheKnightofGreyGarden

• 7 months later...

I'm not too keen myself, but the recasting now makes a bit more sense. The old Daario wasn't all that likeable for a GoT audience, he was clean shaven, long haired, pretty and looked too much like a CK model. Huisman is obviously trying to make the character more likeable and sympathetic, otherwise I guess some of Dany's decisions later on will appear even weirder on screen than in the books.

It's funny you don't like his personality as much, because that's basically straight from the text. Daario is a cheeseball. I much much prefer the new one, though the switch was ridiculously poorly done.

Apparently, the first Daario left because he got a part in a film-

http://www.themarysue.com/ed-skrein-post-got-role/

Personally, I think his career would have benefited more staying with the show. He probably wont even be recognised for his part in the film.

After seeing the S4 premier I've got to say I preferred old Daario. The new actor is attractive enough and doesn't seem to have poor acting but he doesn't have that 'want to punch you in the face so badly' Daario quality that the old one had. I'm afraid this one will come across as more romantic and noble, making Dany's annoying school girl like infatuation more understandable.

S4 Daario is a big improvement visually. At least this guy has a beard, and isn't creepy looking.

Yeah what the hell, the old guy had waaaay too much make up and was waaaay too effeminate even for Daario. I didn't believe for a second he was supposed to be some badass warrior

This new guy looks more of a warrior, but still not someone on par with Jorah or the main warriors of the series. He could probably give Bronn a decent run for his money, but show Bronn cuts this guy down to nothing.

I liked all his lines better too, and the Slaver's Bay storyline is a lot better looking this season.

The old Daario was played by Ed Shein and I felt he was an absolutely dreadful actor. He had no chemistry with Emilia which is obviously of some importance.

This. Also

if we're going to have Dany's plotline for the next two seasons be how much she wants to bang him, we might as well have someone we can stand.

Yeah, the new Daario looks too much like a random Westerosi and he's too nice. Skrein's Daario had a more foreign look and was great as this smug and douchey character, and that's how Daario was supposed to be. I didn't like his acting much, but his characterisation was better. Huisman was very Daario-esque when speaking Valyrian, though, so I think he could pull it off with proper writing, I just wish they had made him shave his beard and given him Skrein's wig.

Archived