The Expanse optioned for Television Series

Brandon Stark

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrBTzZc8c5VdU4Av0BXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEwNzJpNmJwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNyZWwtYm90?p=new+sy+fy+series&ei=UTF-8&fp=1&fr2=rs-bottom&fr=yfp-t-334-s

There was an article about the 4 new series based off Novels, that I was going to post, but now I can't find it. Besides "The Expanse" there is "Magicians" "Gateway" and "Childhood's End". Since I couldn't post that, I posted the above instead.

Hyperion as well.

Hyperion is in development, I believe. It hasn't been formally greenlit yet.

Nice comment on the article pointing out that SyFy could do a spin-off film called Shrikenado :cool4:

• 2 months later...

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/syfy-to-debut-the-expanse-on-vod-tv-everywhere-and/1100-154086/

You can watch the first episode of The Expanse on November 3rd!

Will you watch it? Will you tell your friends about it?

I really want another space opera to be successful on TV.

It has been far too long since we had a show involving spaceships!

On November 3?  So I missed it?

Pilot review is up on Tor.com

Seems an even-handed review. The reviewer clearly isn't an obsessive fan of the books as talks about Corey in the sungular all the time (unless he's respecting the pen name).

The Belter dialect sounds like a potential stumbling block - maybe they will add subtitles. I guess most broadcasters have that option avialbale.

Seems an even-handed review. The reviewer clearly isn't an obsessive fan of the books as talks about Corey in the sungular all the time (unless he's respecting the pen name).

The Belter dialect sounds like a potential stumbling block - maybe they will add subtitles. I guess most broadcasters have that option avialbale.

The reviewer is Justin Landon, so pretty sure he's just respecting the pen name. Though it would be nice if he could name the guys behind the moniker. 

I'm hoping that Daniel will gain enough recognition from this show to get an adaptation of Long Price.

And yeah, they'd be wise to use subtitles for the patois.

The reviewer is Justin Landon, so pretty sure he's just respecting the pen name. Though it would be nice if he could name the guys behind the moniker. 

I'm hoping that Daniel will gain enough recognition from this show to get an adaptation of Long Price.

And yeah, they'd be wise to use subtitles for the patois.

The Long Price Quartet is a series I read a couple of years ago, and it became among my all time favorite fantasy series immediately. I just finished a second reading a couple of days ago.

I personally would really like to translate the first book into a modern opera. I think that the poses and narrative would be perfect on stage, and an epic musical background would fit in harmony.  

The Long Price Quartet is a series I read a couple of years ago, and it became among my all time favorite fantasy series immediately. I just finished a second reading a couple of days ago.

I personally would really like to translate the first book into a modern opera. I think that the poses and narrative would be perfect on stage, and an epic musical background would fit in harmony.  

That would be an interesting way to go - I think it would probably need a movie/tv show for that to ever happen though, which is a shame.

Not long until the show airs - fingers crossed it's good.

Oh wow, that does leave a decent chunk of the first book out of season 1, but understandable considering how much is in the first book.  Interesting that Avasarala is already in season 1. I'm only about 100 pages into Caliban's War so have no idea how she will fit into season 1.

That seems really surprising, knowing where the first episode ends.

I don't think those synopses are reliable. It would make for a very boring season, if they are to be believed. If we only get Eros in the last two or three episodes, episodes 2-6 would lose every viewer's interest.

That seems really surprising, knowing where the first episode ends.

I don't think those synopses are reliable. It would make for a very boring season, if they are to be believed. If we only get Eros in the last two or three episodes, episodes 2-6 would lose every viewer's interest.

It's been several years since i read the book but the fact the final episode is called Leviathan Wakes suggests it covers that scene which I thought was close to the end of book 1?

I think there will be juggling regarding some of the plots. That and the fact they may well develop non-book material to give characters more to do. This isn't so different from GOT and maybe they are being different out the gate rather than wait a season before striking out?

They only have 10 episodes so I'd rather it was extended into next season than rushed. As long as they don't go all Walking Dead and drag stories out.

They only have 10 episodes so I'd rather it was extended into next season than rushed. As long as they don't go all Walking Dead and drag stories out.

Well, reading those synopses, that's exactly the feeling I get. Dragging nothing over two episodes.

I know, I shouldn't complain, I haven't seen the thing.

It's possible they may shunt the entire Thoth station raid over to the next season, and have Miller stay on Eros the thing he does there. I've read it would mostly be Avarasala unraveling the conspiracy anyway.

Another possibility is that they'd adapt both books at the same time. That would explain why the finale is about Eros. If Avasarala brings half the second book with her, it might do it.

Archived