Is Cersei really crazy?

Dire-Lion

About the headaches or Gregor having more excuses?

The man lives with a condition that is presumably brought upon because of his gigantism. That's how I always saw it. Either way, those headaches aren't normal and are a big reason why the man has rage issues. Its been proven pretty much.

Cersei turned evil because.....of no reason in my eyes. One is evil because of a legitimate disease. The other is evil because she was raised wrong apparently.

His anger came from his headaches that may have been caused from gigantism, but it doesn't explain or legitimize his atrocious deeds. Headaches don't cause one to rape, murder, and force cannibalize.

Then again, I can't think of a good excuse for Cersei either other than her gender confusion and spousal abuse. But my sympathy for her begins and ends with her walk and nothing else.

His anger came from his headaches that may have been caused from gigantism, but it doesn't explain or legitimize his atrocious deeds. Headaches don't cause one to rape, murder, and force cannibalize.

Yes.

Cersei turned evil because.....of no reason in my eyes. One is evil because of a legitimate disease. The other is evil because she was raised wrong apparently.

My original point. :D

The man lives with a condition that is presumably brought upon because of his gigantism. That's how I always saw it. Either way, those headaches aren't normal and are a big reason why the man has rage issues. Its been proven pretty much.

Is there some sort of medical evidence that chronic headaches lead to psychopathic rage. I think Gregor's problems are deeper than an anger management issue. He displays absolutely no empathy for anybody. Ever.

I can't speak for anyone else I guess, but when I have a headache I don't want to do anything other than lie down with a pillow over my face.

I can't speak for anyone else I guess, but when I have a headache I don't want to do anything other than lie down with a pillow over my face.

That's just you. Last time I had a headache, I just had to go on murdering spree. I didn't want to, but I couldn't help myself.

As for Cersei, I think she was always delusional, vicious, entitled and prone to excessive violence as a solution to problems. Joffrey's death simply accentuated these characteristics.

• 2 weeks later...

Cersei has a vision of Melara looking at her with accusing eyes in Dance. Pretty sure that is proof.

Is this the only evidence for Melara's death being a homicide committed by Cersei? I have seen that theory mentioned with some certainty, but had difficulty finding any quotes to support it. This quote referenced above seems open to interpretation:

1. Cersei murdered Melara and Cersei's imagined "accusing eyes" are those of her victim

2. Cersei led Melara to Maggy and so Cersei imagines "accusing eyes" because she felt Melara must have blamed her for the prophecy being told and fulfilled

3. Cersei is suffering from survivor guilt and her imagined "accusing eyes" stem from

A. feelings of guilt from surviving her prophecies (thus far) whereas Melara died at a young age and/or

B. failing to protect her childhood friend by ignoring the prophecies

There might be other explanations as well with some more plausible than others, but I'm curious as to whether more concrete evidence for the murder theory has been found.

I don't think "crazy" is a good word for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it's vague. Listing evidence would take up way too much space, but I think that her POV chapters provide a lot of evidence that Cersei may have a narcissistic personality disorder.

No. Cersei isn't intentionally evil. All of her actions are meant to protect her children.

Really, we can blame all of her problems on Robert. Being a victim totally justifies Cersei being a victimizer herself.

So really, Robert is the cause for everything.

I'm sure when she threw her best friend down a well it was to protect her (non-existant) children.

No. Cersei isn't intentionally evil. All of her actions are meant to protect her children.

Really, we can blame all of her problems on Robert. Being a victim totally justifies Cersei being a victimizer herself.

So really, Robert is the cause for everything.

It's impossible to defend Cersei. She was nuts, even before she meet Robert.

I'm not defending her. I'm saying that she has grown up to be this gradually. It was a series of events each taking toll on her moral standing. Yes now she is crazy and evil, but I merely wanted to discuss what lead to it, rather than just labelling her as a brute that you will put in Gregor Clegane's category,

I agree. I can't stand her evil, diseased wine-pickled mind by AFFC, but.....I don't think she was THIS severe until the compliation of a few events. Yes, you can go back to Melaria, or however the hell you spell it, but I don't think she was quite THIS far gone at the beginning of GOT. Although, one thing that makes me wonder, regardless of her Bran protestations, is Jaime and the Arya question. Jaime reflecting that Cersei wanted him to most likely kill Arya, or take her damn hand. Now, was that ALL in Cersei's anger at everything and drunken Robert, or was she serious? I'll give the benefit of the doubt here and say, probably both. But, it also shows while yes, everyone IS out to get her, reasons like this stupidity are why. It can't have been a good idea to kill or disfigure Ned's child because of a squabble between children. It's a backward glimpse in how Cersei can cause her own problems.

I think her downward spiral, the leap from disturbed to 'crazy' for lack of a better word, starts with her isolation in KL with Jaime kidnapped, Tyrion at her side, and perhaps........whispers of the prophecy in her ear. But, she caused alot of that mess by sleeping and procreating with Jaime, killing Robert, her contributions to the start of the war, etc....but I think this is where it starts. Then, all bets are off when Joff is killed.

She was quite the disturbed individual anyway, but by AFFC, girlfriend is GONE, LOL, IMO anyway.

Most the world lives with migraines without becoming brutually murdering thugs. Most migraine sufferers can't get out of bed, much less rape and pillage.

Mother's death (fear, hate, abandonment, sadness)

Incestuous relationship with brother (fear, guilt)

Maggie's prophecy (fear, paranoia, anger)

Not marrying Rhaegar (disappointment, resentment, anger, frustration, humiliation, insecurity)

Robert calling Lyanna's name (disappointment, sadness, humiliation, anger, frustration, insecurity, resentment)

Robert whoring around (disappointment, sadness, humiliation, anger, frustration, insecurity, resentment)

Accusations of incest (fear, humiliation, guilt, hate, paranoia)

Tywin Lannister as a father (insecurity, frustration, sadness, anxiety)

Tyrion as Hand of King (envy, hate, paranoia, powerlessness, anxiety)

Myrcella leaving (loss, powerlessness, fear, hate, sadness)

Death of Joffrey (loss, fear, despair, anger, hate, sadness, frustration, paranoia)

Death of Tywin Lannister (confusion, fear, guilt)

Jaime losing hand (fear, loss, anger, guilt)

Jaime not rescuing her (abandonment, fear, frustration, anger, loss)

I am faaar from justifying her actions, but the events of her life were filled with ingredients for disaster. She dwelled on these emotions all her life.

And yes, I too think she is batshit crazy.

Mother's death (fear, hate, abandonment, sadness)

Incestuous relationship with brother (fear, guilt)

Maggie's prophecy (fear, paranoia, anger)

Not marrying Rhaegar (disappointment, resentment, anger, frustration, humiliation, insecurity)

Robert calling Lyanna's name (disappointment, sadness, humiliation, anger, frustration, insecurity, resentment)

Robert whoring around (disappointment, sadness, humiliation, anger, frustration, insecurity, resentment)

Accusations of incest (fear, humiliation, guilt, hate, paranoia)

Tywin Lannister as a father (insecurity, frustration, sadness, anxiety)

Tyrion as Hand of King (envy, hate, paranoia, powerlessness, anxiety)

Myrcella leaving (loss, powerlessness, fear, hate, sadness)

Death of Joffrey (loss, fear, despair, anger, hate, sadness, frustration, paranoia)

Death of Tywin Lannister (confusion, fear, guilt)

Jaime losing hand (fear, loss, anger, guilt)

Jaime not rescuing her (abandonment, fear, frustration, anger, loss)

I am faaar from justifying her actions, but the events of her life were filled with ingredients for disaster. She dwelled on these emotions all her life.

And yes, I too think she is batshit crazy.

Yup, BSC cray cray now, LOL

She is nuckin futs. Even before the PW, she had killed Robert's bastards, for no real reason, taken Lancel as a lover, like that could end well, removed Barristan from the KG. As Jaime thought to himself she thought of herself as Lord Tywin with teats, but she was wrong. Tywin was constant and immovable like a glacier, where Cersei is all wildwire, she doesn't lack intelligence but she has no judgement and no patience.

Archived