Is Cersei really crazy?

Dire-Lion

I love this thread. Cercei's chapters in AFfC are among my favorites. I just love to read about her descend into madness. Someone above said that he/she feels like needing a shower after reading her chapters. I agree and I think that feeling is what makes her chapters so appealing for me. Her whole story arc is fascinating.

It has been stated that she loves her children only as an extension of herself. On that I couldn't agree more. Moreover, she loves Jaime as an extension of herself, too. IMO, banging him is some kind of masturbation to her.

Crackpot theory I heard on this forum: The younger (& more beautiful) queen in Maggy's prophecy is, in fact, Cerceis younger (& more beautiful) self: her own actions (things done beforehand by her younger self) and behavior cause her demise. So the prophecy is self-fulfilling, at least in that part... (Idk if I put that into words well enough.. I'm not a native speaker)

edited for spelling

You put it into words perfectly, I see what you are saying. It is a circle, Cersei and the prophecy and which came first, the chicken or the egg? I can see what you mean about the possiblity of the prophecy and the young Queen being Cersei herself. I'm not sure if that's the answer, but that is a very interesting take. The prophecy and Cersei are so intertwined with cause and effect, why not both the queens in it being one and the same, too.

I'm the one who needed a shower, I'm a female, LOL I think, at first, Cersei's chapters drove me crazy because I was intrigued to hear her side of things, and by the time we get to it, I do think she is pretty far mentally gone. I may need the shower, but sometimes, even in her BatShit Cray Cray mode, she does say some funny and very interesting things. She has a quick mind, she just doesn't use it well.

Moreover, she loves Jaime as an extension of herself, too. IMO, banging him is some kind of masturbation to her.

Absolutely.

Crackpot theory I heard on this forum: The younger (& more beautiful) queen in Maggy's prophecy is, in fact, Cerceis younger (& more beautiful) self: her own actions (things done beforehand by her younger self) and behavior cause her demise. So the prophecy is self-fulfilling, at least in that part... (Idk if I put that into words well enough.. I'm not a native speaker)

Interesting... Not sure I'm willing to go there yet, but definitely a different take on it. I don't think there's any question that there's a "chicken and the egg" aspect to Maggy the Frog's prophecy.

Archived