Edd, fetch me a block...

rsbarx

From Sansa VI, COK

"Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown her father down for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered there are no heroes."

Well Sansa, there's at least one left...

From Jon II, ADWD

"Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. 'Please my lord. Mercy. I'll... I'll go, I will, I...'

No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended."

What's the phrase I'm thinking of? Oh yeah - payback's a bitch.

Actually, we have a lot of anti Jon fans on here. Almost, just as many fans of his. Obviously, they are hard core Dany supporters. But every time this moment is brought up; the ones that know are anti Jon, cheer and applaud this scene. Truly one of best and most poetic moments, the series. We aren't suppose to discuss the show in here. But seeing how we are on the subject of the books; if this moment gets changed ill be more pissed, than any of the other changes so far.

I cheered.

Jon's "Ed, fetch me a block", and Davos' "Jared of House Frey, I name you liar", two lines that show GRRM is willing to give us the occasional fist pump moment in between brutally killing off our favorite characters.

I'm not a hardcore Jon fan, but this moment is amazing, precisely because it plays with the reader's perceptions.

At first when Jon was all "This isn't right", my eyes rolled deep into my skull and the way back, and I thought, "Here we go, the honorable Jon won't kill this bastard", but then comes this line and I damn near fell off the couch. It was brilliant, I hope the show does it justice

From Sansa VI, COK

"Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown her father down for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered there are no heroes."

Well Sansa, there's at least one left...

From Jon II, ADWD

"Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. 'Please my lord. Mercy. I'll... I'll go, I will, I...'

No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended."

What's the phrase I'm thinking of? Oh yeah - payback's a bitch.

Love that moment. This does provide fodder for the kind of creepy Jonsa ship though!

I feel like Janos really should have learned his lesson with Tyrion about antagonizing his superiors with that kind of talk. No one appreciates it.

His problem was that he thought he was on the more powerful side and was too stupid to recognize the shift in the balance of power. If he had, he'd have had his nose up Jon't butt in no time flat.

The moment where I went from "oh, Jon's okay I guess" to "FUCK YEAH! JON SNOW FOR PRESIDENT OF EVERYTHING."

Poetic Justice is rare and fleeting in Westeros. And long in waiting. But it comes.

That will not the last moment of it, either. If this song does last 7 books, then the 5th was in many ways the beginning of the end. Edd fetching a block, Lord Manderly taking up baking. That was the turning of the tide, boys and girls. The pendulum can only swing so far in one direction before it comes back just as hard in the other.

Archived