Does the 'Jojen Paste' Theory Tip The Story Over the Edge?

Tyrion Always Nose

To briefly outline and shorten the theory, the paste Bran eats to become a green seer is made of Jojen Reed. If this slightly sickening theory is true, will it out people off the books/TV show? Some of the scenes recently have been sagged off by the general public as too much, mainly with Ramsay and (fake) Arya and Brienne getting eaten. Maybe the consumption of a reasonably liked character will be just too much.

Wouldn't put me off the books. Maybe I'm weird, but I kind of hope this theory is true. I liked Jojen and I'd like to see more of him, see him be part of something really significant. But...him being killed and turned into paste would make everything going on with Bran more interesting and creepy. Otherwise Bran's story line is probably going to continue being a bit dull (IMO) for a while.

Wouldn't put me off the books. Maybe I'm weird, but I kind of hope this theory is true. I liked Jojen and I'd like to see more of him, see him be part of something really significant. But...him being killed and turned into paste would make everything going on with Bran more interesting and creepy. Otherwise Bran's story line is probably going to continue being a bit dull (IMO) for a while.

If its true though, and Bran finds out, surely the following arc would be more predictable? Throws away the life of a green seer for honour, makes his own way in the world, reunited with family?

Sorry, I think I may have been unclear I meant which one, or both?

I thought that as well until I started reading the threads about Norse Mythology and ASOIAF. The idea that the series stems from there (and the sheer brilliance of it) would lead to the Jojun paste. So at first it seems crackpot, but if you believe the Norse theory, its all been done before. Jojun passes his greenseer knowledge to Bran in a cannaballistic soup.

I don't see the point of the theory when Bran has been warging and having dreams since before he ever met Jojen, and IIRC Jojen portrays himself as having greendreams not being a greenseer, and his not being on the level of Bran's capability or potential.

If it were true you probably wouldn't find out about it for another three or four seasons, and whoever is still watching then probably isn't going to be driven away easily.

Archived