What would ruin it for you?

Okaythen

'Robb's bannerman'wrote:

If Jon is as important as many ppl seem to think he'll be.

==============================================================

Truth to tell, most of these wouldn't ruin it for me, but more than 2 or 3 would definitely sour my enthusiasm. I consider the first three the most critical:

If Arya or Brienne or Dany die to help some chap. No martyrdom from the power ladies--it's too cliched.

If there isn't some Westerosi posthumous vindication for Ned.

If Cat dies without knowing her children live.

If Bran turns out to be the deus ex machina.

If Jon accepts his Targ name and puts Starkness behind him as he goes on to rule. If he does that, he doesn't deserve to rule.

If Dany marries anyone.

If Sansa triumphs but doesn't feel some regret and responsibility for some of her decisions at important junctures.

If the Targs are restored but there's no King in the North.

If Arya doesn't survive and achieve some peace and fulfillment.

If all the direwolves die.

If GRRMartin says "I was going to do it this way, but the fans convinced me to to it this other way "

Please George, write the story the way you saw it before we influenced you!

Also.... if Sansa becomes the Eve that starts the world over after the Ragnarok type ending that it seems we are heading to... well, maybe, if George can write the perfect "Adam"

Repeating storylines:

Another Lannister child on the Iron Throne.

Margaery gets married again.

More marriages between the remaining high borns... Would not mind if it happened off screen, however.

"The Others are coming..." -- and they never do.

Another Stark is killed.

A high lord dies (ex: Walder Frey) and his heirs battle for the lordship ala. the Greyjoys and the Seastone chair. Which is just the War of Five Kings on a smaller scale.

"There's power in king's blood." Melisandre, pls.

Arya intends to travel to point A but gets kidnapped/detoured to point Z.

Absurd Developments:

Gendry being legitamized. Marries Arya.

Arya is hired to kill Alayne Stone.

Rickon is the valonquar.

Somehow the Boltons and Freys manage a victory in the North. Not sayin Wyman and Stannis die but they don't oust the intruders like they should able to do.

There's a secret book on secret ways to kill dragons even though dragons are not immortal nor are they impervious to harm. Why would someone need this book? Stab them, shoot them. They can be killed.

Etc.

R+L=J:

I agree with the theory but I'm afraid it will play out upcoming novels exactly as some people here have theorized right down to the T. Sure GRRM has something hidden up his sleeve but it's hard to imagine there's something really interesting about the ToJ theorist here haven't figured out yet.

The Dragon has 3-Heads = 3 people (worse: three people riding dragons). Example: Jon rides Viserion. Tyrion rides Rhaegal. Dany rides Drogon:

The idea of this is hilarious. And then everyone goes the Hog's Head for butterbeer and treacle tart.

There are a couple of topics bouncing around at the moment asking if X would ruin (or similar) the series for you. It got me thinking about what would ruin it for me. I only came up with one thing which is Jamie and Brienne being in love and getting together. Now obviously it depends on how it's handled but my gut reaction would be a big fat NO.

That's the thing? A couple of people finding a little happiness together before GRRM squashes them like bugs?

Sandor Clegane really being dead.

He's not dead, and Arya had her chance and she couldn't do it. Cross those two worries off your list.

Littlefinger or the Lannisters surviving in the end.

Sansa becomes a political mastermind or benevolent Queen :ack: . That would be ridiculous .

The Starks don't get payback at all. Not even one single case of revenge. I would be really disappointed if Arya does not kill even one person on her list or take out one of the Lannisters.

- Brienne being UnBrienne. Enough of resurrections.

To be fair only one resurrection happened (not counting Beric since that was basically his entire character). You guys just feel there are a lot of resurrections cause everyone keeps posting theories about them. Same with the secret Targs.

For me it'll be one of these:

Dany ruling the Seven Kingdoms in the end

the Martells still not properly playing the game of thrones and actually furthering their cause

Walder Frey, Roose, or Ramsay redeemed

Dany ships with Jorah

The story coalescing into Jon/Dany against the Others in a good vs. evil fashion. The story is still too good for it to be ruined but it would definitely reduce my enjoyment.

This, except having Jon and Dany hooking up and then defeating the Others would leave me incredibly disappointed and would actually ruin the series for me.

If I wanted a fairy tale ending, I would have read Lord of the Rings.

Archived