Of Corsets and Tiaras - LonCon 3

Fragile Bird

I think costumes are fun. Unfortunately I have no skill, and thus always end up the person in the elevator who people ask if she's there for the Home and Garden show. Or at least that happened to me in Anaheim and I considered it a success this year when someone sat next to me on the plane thinking I was also going to Worldcon, even though I was asleep. :uhoh:

Still, though, should I make it to London it will probably be in one of the 298332784 BWB t-shirts I now own. My general style is "boring", although you people know how I feel about dressing up for the Hugos. Red carpet, people. My people at home are dead convinced now that they truly are the Oscars of science fiction.

Yeah, exactly. I always look like I'm attending an aging rock groupie or stoner soccer mom convention. Whatever. If I show up at LonCon, I'm doing good. I will have lots of sparkle (just because I like it) but I'm not wearing a corset, or anything else tight, for that matter. If I find some cheap and awesome Elvis stuff I might do that, but I doubt it.

I hate rules as a general rule (heh heh) and will generally do the opposite of what is suggested, just because I'm ornery. :P So if we're all doing elaborate costumes, I'm liable to come in my sweatpants and Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt.

Well she is probably my closest contemporary in both charity work and compassion towards others.

I'm pretty sure AlexT will don a tiara if I offer him one. After all we are old buddies from the BWB meet in London for "A Puerto Rican goes to London" pubfest extravaganza. Had I known then what I know now, tiaras would have been dispensed then too. I need to specifically crown my hero Prince Mountain Goat for all he did to set that up. I can't wait to see my London friends again (plus Pod).

I'm pretty sure AlexT will don a tiara if I offer him one. After all we are old buddies from the BWB meet in London for "A Puerto Rican goes to London" pubfest extravaganza. Had I known then what I know now, tiaras would have been dispensed then too. I need to specifically crown my hero Prince Mountain Goat for all he did to set that up. I can't wait to see my London friends again (plus Pod).

I'm so excited you're coming to London again, and that Mr Bai is joining you! We have to go out for dinner or something :D

No tiaras or sparkles for me - my style is generally boring too. T-shirts and leggings, that'll do me. My nose stud technically sparkles, that counts right? :P

My mum announced that she will be buying both mine and the boyfriend's memberships by the end of the month as an early pressie. Keen!

Well she is probably my closest contemporary in both charity work and compassion towards others.

And you're alive, which gives you the edge.

Hah!

Someday I will get a friend too! :blushing:

*hugs Pod in small letters for plausible deniability*

Hah!

Pod!!!! You are my beloved friend, but you aren't from London!!! You are my friend!!! I have photo prooffffffff. I blame you, but only rarely. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hah!

Oh, yes, that was the night you said you were pleased to meet me...about seven years too late but ok. :) Pretty much the only funny thing that happened at that meet.

Yes. :P I think I had said that to so many people that night, that I said it by rote to you when you arrived a little later.

I was as incredulous as you were afterwards!

I need to sleep more.

POD BLAMES POD!!!

Archived