Small questions v.10014

Angalin

Can someone point to something that will help me rationalize why bloodraven (who was so pro-Targ) is a tree?

The short answer is that we don't know. We know that he has FM blood, and that he was LC of NW, but beyond that is just guessing/theories.

My question is, who decides which Dane gets it?

Right, but right now, no one is using it. What's to stop the current lord of Starfall, Ned Dayne, from being all "um, i'm the new sword of the morning"?

You have to be the "best" swordsman(some take that to mean you don't have to be a Dayne to be given the sword)so that would imply you would have to win some kind of honor before they even think about giving you the sword.

theres a quote which shows a weirwood leaf being described as black and ruined at the bottom, and healthy and red at the top, but I can't remember where the heck it is. Anyone know?

Don't remember that, and a quick search for the word "leaf" didn't turn up anything relevant.

theres a quote which shows a weirwood leaf being described as black and ruined at the bottom, and healthy and red at the top, but I can't remember where the heck it is. Anyone know?

This might be it. Quote from AGoT, Jon VI

Even in the wolfswood, you never found more than two or three of the white trees growing together; a grove of nine was unheard of. The forest floor was carpeted with fallen leaves, bloodred on top, black rot beneath.

Even in the wolfswood, you never found more than two or three of the white trees growing together; a grove of nine was unheard of. The forest floor was carpeted with fallen leaves, bloodred on top, black rot beneath.

Ah. I didn't think to search for "leaves."

YES! Thanks to rumham and TB for the effort. Sorry i said leaf RH!

Really small question - Why is Cersei always referred to as "Cersei Lannister", when all the other married women (that I can tell) have been referred to with their husbands name? Catelyn is at times referred to as Catelyn Tully, but not too frequently (and usually only when referring to her before she was married), but I've never seen Cersei called "Cersei Baratheon" in the books. Is it because she never thought of herself as a Baratheon, but always as a Lannister, so GRRM wrote it that way?

Archived