Robert Stanek novels

MisterOJ

I just think he's awesome for using his kid's drawings as the covers. That's got #1 dad written all over it.

Edit: I've no idea how to post images. Google them..........pure awesome.

You can't post images on this board, so you should change your avatar to a slideshow gif of all of the covers.

Is it possible this whole thing is just an enormous, elaborate, and meticulously crafted hoax? I mean some of the stuff is just...mind-boggling. Even his website is fucking weird (and hilarious). Look at the damn header. It's amazing. Why bees?

The first paragraph of his "meet the author" section:

Robert Stanek has been writing stories for over 30 years. Though he’s always been a writer at heart, he never set out to be a writer. What he wanted to be, he didn’t know when he said goodbye to high school. What he wanted to do though, he knew that: he wanted to see the world—and so he did while serving my country in distant lands.

It's like performance art.

You can't post images on this board, so you should change your avatar to a slideshow gif of all of the covers.

Or not, as the case may be, given how long that will take to load on some users' browsers.

I hear Windows 98 sure doesn't handle those newfangled gifs well at all. :P

You'd be surprised at how many people have employers that restrict connection speeds at work, or have archaic browsers, or monitor images and animations that people are looking at. It's one of the reasons that we don't allow embedding of images. Animated avatars are one of the most common causes of security issues as well.

I don't know about Indonesian, but you can buy a Bulgarian version of one of his books from here - http://www.mobilis.b...in-kniga-i.html

There is also a Spanish version available on Amazon. It is odd that there is no mention or credit for the translator (even if you use the look inside feature), so maybe Stanek did the translation himself? And there is only Book 1 available in Spanish - if there are Spanish versions of the rest of the series, they are not on Amazon.

If you go to the German, French, Italian amazon sites you'll find the books only available in English and that lone Spanish version.

I don't know about Indonesian, but you can buy a Bulgarian version of one of his books from here - http://www.mobilis.b...in-kniga-i.html

Enjoy!

Apparently Stanek does actually have one genuine fan, who happens to live in Bulgaria. Hence him winning Bulgarian sci-fi awards.

Archived