Better Call Saul -- Breaking Bad spin-off confirmed

Francis Buck

Kind of a transition episode but I thought it might have been the funniest one yet even if a little weak compared to the last two. The Slippin Jimmy flashback was hilarious, I fell for both of his cons (watch and billboard) I feel like an idiot.

I figured out the watch scam right away, but yeah, the billboard had me fooled. I was actually angry for a while because I thought that was just way too coincidental that it would happen right then, but then came the reveal, and then I started kicking myself.

that watch scam is preposterous. the chances of someone having a decent wedge in their wallet, compared to them finding a grand then just doing a runner is not a bet anyone would make.

also thought this episode was slow after recently it seemed to be moving forward, not to say it wasn't enjoyable, but was the weakest for me.

that watch scam is preposterous. the chances of someone having a decent wedge in their wallet, compared to them finding a grand then just doing a runner is not a bet anyone would make.

Yeah I couldn't help but think that the chances of anyone having much more than £20 in their wallet by the time the clubs have closed seems pretty rare.

Though seeing as Jimmy seemed to sort of get along with the mark he could have spent the evening scouting for someone flashing a fair bit of cash

Yeah I couldn't help but think that the chances of anyone having much more than £20 in their wallet by the time the clubs have closed seems pretty rare.

Though seeing as Jimmy seemed to sort of get along with the mark he could have spent the evening scouting for someone flashing a fair bit of cash

Yeah seems like he was trying to find a good candidate - some guy that didn't want the nigh to end. And I think you'd really need to load up the bait wallet with counterfeit bills just in case something goes wrong.

Kind of disappointed that there was no 'Mawp' after the mention of tinnitus.

Anyway, this was another great episode. Let the speculation for Mike's story begin! I think that woman may be his daughter (or former daughter in law), and there is possibly a restraining order he violated. At any rate it'll be great to get some back story on Mike.

So that has to be Mike's daughter he was stalking yes (love me some Kerry Condon) ? And she has a restraining order against him so the cops showed up at his house?

But knowing this show, it will be something else out of left field.

Loved the opening meetings with the new clients. This show does a great job of balancing laugh-out-loud comedy with heavier shit. In the previous episode where we witness Chuck's paper-caper from his POV under the blanket I about wet myself. It was very Frank Reynolds. But the whole situation has the underlying sadness of knowing you're watching someone with a serious psychiatric problem break down, getting tasered, and likely committed.

Re: Mike

I figured at had to be the daughter too. I doubt the cops showing up at his door though were related to the daughter scenario - even if he was violating a restraining order, you wouldn't have that many cops and a cop-boss in a suit at your door.

Oh snap, Mike's gonna need a lawyer!

ETA: who the hell calls the cops on a stolen newspaper and what cops actually show up and then use that as an excuse to break into someone's house?

Go read the police thread some time, it's amazing what kind of calls they'll actually spend time pursuing. Especially in a nice suburban neighborhood. But I think you're right, I was a little surprised that they showed up too, but I guess if the neighbor called the police and said the guy seemed crazy (I mean he was wearing a space blanket) that they might eventually show up. I think they were just looking for an open or unlocked door, and then when they saw the gas and thought 'DRUGS!' their cop-boners became fully erect. Cops love even potential drug busts because they don't have to worry about as many of rights, and they have a big pay-off for the department if money is found.

Of course coming in blasting their tasers seems unlikely, but you see stranger and scarier police behavior in the news.

Go read the police thread some time, it's amazing what kind of calls they'll actually spend time pursuing. Especially in a nice suburban neighborhood. But I think you're right, I was a little surprised that they showed up too, but I guess if the neighbor called the police and said the guy seemed crazy (I mean he was wearing a space blanket) that they might eventually show up. I think they were just looking for an open or unlocked door, and then when they saw the gas and thought 'DRUGS!' their cop-boners became fully erect. Cops love even potential drug busts because they don't have to worry about as many of rights, and they have a big pay-off for the department if money is found.

Of course coming in blasting their tasers seems unlikely, but you see stranger and scarier police behavior in the news.

This is so true. In my head it seems totally bizarre that police would get involved in someone taking a newspaper and then use it as an excuse to break in. But you're right, browsing through the police thread and all the police news, it's probably more surprising that they didn't shoot him dead.

This is so true. In my head it seems totally bizarre that police would get involved in someone taking a newspaper and then use it as an excuse to break in. But you're right, browsing through the police thread and all the police news, it's probably more surprising that they didn't shoot him dead.

Lol was about to say it was more surprising he got tased instead of shot :P

Archived