Battle of the ford: Robbs reaction.

Señor de la Tormenta

. As for keeping the plan a secret from Edmure, I don't believe that Edmure was on Robb Stark's war council (unless I am mistaken, there was the Blackfish and maybe one or two other Riverlords) therefore he would have received orders and be on a 'need to know basis'.

You are right about edmure not being in the war councils. However, he holds command of 2/5 of robbs army and knows nothing about the plan. The same goes for Bolton who has an other 2/5 under his command. So the guys who command 4/5 of the army dont know the plan.

How do you possibly know this? please quote anything from the book that mentions that Edmure is not in Robb's war councils. I doubt you will find anything because not having Edmure (who is the heir and then Lord Paramount of the Riverlands) in on the war councils would not make any sense.

How do you possibly know this? please quote anything from the book that mentions that Edmure is not in Robb's war councils. I doubt you will find anything because not having Edmure (who is the heir and then Lord Paramount of the Riverlands) in on the war councils would not make any sense.

Thats the case then is even more strange edmure not knowing about Robbs "plan".

That he commands 11k men, more than 20k with Bolton, that could be easily part of a better (and real) plan.

When Robb left the Riverlands Edmure had no army (he had sent the Riverlords back to their lands) so it never occurred to Robb that Edmure would call his banners and attack the Lannisters and prevent them from coming West. That was Robb's mistake and not seeing the bigger picture was Edmure's mistake , they both share the blame in the Battle of the Fords.

The Blackfish is better then any commander that the Lannisters have , especially when it comes to scouting and moving an army quickly and unseen so I would trust that the Blackfish would be able to do what he says. I guess what it comes down to is this , do you trust the Blackfish when he says they have a plan and that the plan has a good chance of working? I choose to believe him and trust him and I guess the people who think there was no plan or that the plan was stupid just don't believe or trust the Blackfish and I guess maybe we have to wait for the next book for some of this information to be revealed.

I really dont think Martin is giving us anything more. Is up to us to think if the "theater master" (cat own words in same chapter when he fooled her to forgive him) just tricked edmure to marry a frey or not.

Archived