The First Two Months - a timeline

dotheknifefight

If you set Robert's arrival at Winterfell at 1:

EDDARD I : Day 1 King arrives with his caravan.

JON I : Day 1 (night) Feast for the King's arrival

CATELYN II : Day 6 Cat convinces Ned to go south with Luwin's support, who reveals Jon's desire to take the black. (its been "a few days" since Benjen told Maester Luwin about Jon's desire to take the black, according to the maester, and two weeks before the king leaves according to Ned)

ARYA I : Arya's crooked stitches. Joffrey and Robb fight in the yard. (The date is largely unimportant.)

BRAN II : Day 20 - Robert takes all the men hunting for the feast they have set for the evening. Bran falls from the tower. (The day before the king returns south, a fortnight since day 5-6)

Its super obvious by now the caravan didn't leave for King's Landing. One could probably assume the trip was delayed on account of Bran's accident.

TYRION I : Day 24 Tyrion slaps Joffrey before going to break his fast with his siblings. (four days since Bran's fall)

JON II : Day 32 Jon leaves to the Wall. ("almost a fortnight" has passed since BRAN II.)

EDDARD II : Day 32 (same day) The king's caravan leaves to Kings Landing. Ned and Robert talk Dany's wedding.

TYRION II : Day 35 (Three days to get to the Wolfswood)

By 18 days into their journey they have just come out on the northern side,

so the chapter ends at Day 50

CATELYN III : Day 40 A fire is lit in the Winterfell library and a catspaw comes to Bran's room to try and kill him. Luckily Catelyn is there.

This chapter takes place while Tyrion is in the Wolfswood.

It has been eight days since Ned left when Bran is attacked.

CATELYN III : Day 44 Four days later, Catelyn awakes and has a meeting. Decides to go to Kings Landing.

Considering how land locked Winterfell is, I would doubt she would leave before first light of the next day. This means she left at least 45 days after Robert's caravan arrived and surely 13 days after they left.

SANSA I : After 12 days in the neck, the king's caravan stops where the King's Road almost meets the Green Fork. The distance from Moat Cailin to where the Green Fork borders the Kings Road seems to be almost the same distance as Moat Cailin to Winterfell, perhaps even longer. If they were 12 days in the Neck (where the going must be slow!), they couldn't have been much more than 12 days from Winterfell to Moat Cailin. I'm calling this chapter as Day 57 days, at the most, since Robert arrived at Winterfell.

After this event, timelines sort of get fuzzy until they reach King's Landing.

According to Bran's coma dream, by Day 57 Catelyn is on a ship in the Bite.

Before King Robert's caravan can reach King's Landing, Jon has had a name day. He's now 15. By JON III, they have been at the Wall for about 25 days (Benjen left four days after they arrived at the Wall, and it has been three weeks since by the time we get to this chapter).

So JON III : 25 days after reaching the Wall. About 14 days after Jon's name day If it took them another week from the Wolfswood to reach Castle Black, they would have arrived at or around day 57.

Considering Bran's dream coincides with Lady's death, which I have above shown to be day 57, this fits Jon's storyline as well, since Bran sees Jon sleeping at Castle Black.

This would mean JON III takes place at or about day 82.

(So his birthday was day 71)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the raven would have brought news of Arryn's death about a month before Robert arrived, possibly even more. Thus Arryn would have died approximately three months prior to Robert's arrival in Winterfell. This also gives you an approximate age of the direwolves. (Jon's is at least big enough to ravage a whole, cooked chicken)

There must have been a long time between the prologue and the first chapter in which Ned takes Gared's head off. Gared had to come at least a nine days ride south from the Haunted Forest on his old garron (if he was going to Castle Black, which he wasn't). Then its almost a four week ride to Winterfell from the Wall, if Tyrion's ride is a good measure. I would guess it happened almost two months before BRAN I.

• 1 month later...

Okay, since nobody apparently will aknowledge the sheer amount of effort that this must have taken to gather all this infromation; well done my friend, it's interesting to see A Game Of Thrones in a linear timeline such as this. Major props, buddy. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived