The Godfather of ASOIAF

King of Winters

I think Doran Martell is the closest Godfather type figure in ASOIAF. He's worked for years to bring down the Lannisters, and had plans and back up plans for years, Arianne is sort of like Michael Corleone where she's quite inexperienced at first (with trying to crown Myrcella and failing) but then learns from her father and becomes better at "the Game" and goes to see (F)Aegon; and Doran has the Dornish army ready and waiting in the Prince's Pass and the Boneway.

Agree, disagree?

Who do you think is the cloest Godfather figure?

Littlefinger is the most effective player, but he does not have, or value, family.

There are several Godfather-like family managers in the Seven Kingdoms. Really, Corleone was an old-style family head, an anachronism, a throwback to an earlier age. In Westeros, it STILL IS that earlier age.

The Queen of Thorns seems to come to mind first, but I am sure there are others.

Gotta agree with Tywin or Queen of Thorns for the profile of Godfather. For Sonny Corleone, take a pick from Cersei, Victarion, Robert Baratheon, Brandon Stark, Oberyn Martell and maybe Jaime pre AFFC. For Fredo, maybe Theon. Michael Corleone, maybe Tywin, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton in terms of general ruthlessness.

I dont like saying tywin=the godfather because the godfather is extremely sympathetic(imo ofc, he is a criminal so others may disagree) and tywin is just really mean and terrible in his methods, far more so then either vito, or micheal.

Oh God, now I'm going to read all of Doran's lines in a Marlon Brando voice.

Not sure, if it's a good or bad thing yet... still, thanks a lot, OP!

"Ya godda go ta Mereen,make her an offah she can't refuse."

Archived