Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

I fully expect this to be cancelled within the first five minutes of airing.

I don't know. Maybe. I mean usually that would be my expectation too.

But it has been fast track to Australian free to air tv. That in itself very rarely happens. Especially to something that doesn't have 'high bank' ties already. Agents of SHEILD is the other on that is being fast tracked to free to air. But has the Avengers connection.

Then again only two titles are in the wiki episode guide so far. I guess we'll see.

I fully expect this to be cancelled within the first five minutes of airing.

:lol:

That's what I thought when I heard about this show. And two such attractive leads can't be a good sign. But is it going to be on the WB? there may be hope for it.

Since it comes off on right after Bones I'll probably be pulled along to watch it at least until FOX starts airing the MLB playoffs in primetime and everything on FOX goes on hiatus for the month of October. So it probably has three more weeks to hook me.

However, right off the bat I'm not encouraged because they got the Four Horsemen appearing in the incorrect order. Death is the fourth horseman not the first as they said on the show. I know people misquote the Bible all the time (especially in politics), but come on if you're going to use Revelation as inspiration for your supernatural show is it too hard to ask to quote it accurately and do it in the right order?

I have a feeling this could be a show that I will just notice inaccuracies because of how blatantly bad they are and it'll just ruin my experience watching something I could otherwise enjoy.

Here are my impressions...

1. Good production values

2. Solid acting and directing.

3. I like Clancy Brown in shows featuring decapitation.

4. Hey, It's Harold... Or should we call him New Sulu now?

5. Wait a minute... Oh my God... That writing is a huge flaming bag full of dogshit, and someone just tricked me in to stepping in it.

For the love of all things holy will someone please come up with a good adaptation of Sleepy Hollow? That story is the scariest story that I have ever read or been told. The reason that it is so scary is because it is a complete mystery.When you define what the Headless Horseman is, he looses all power. Why is it that no one in the last 40 years or so have figured this out? For this reason alone, the Disney cartoon is far superior to this piece of trash.

This show is particularly egregious as I now have permanently etched in my memory the Headless Horseman spraying cops down with an M16. Will somebody in Hollywood just please stand up and slap the fuck out of the next person who introduces an idea like this in a production meeting?

Having said all of this, I firmly believe that America is stupid enough to make this show a hit.

Archived