Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

People acting like adults...that's not what television is made of :P

It kind of is in this show. Literally the first thing Crane does when he hears the prophecy that he'll betray Abbie is...tell Abbie. Compare that to other shows, where the protagonists would hide it and lie and all the other fake drama crap.

I love IckAby, and I think Katrina saw it too when they hugged in Purgatory - so that might be a catalyst for her turning to the Dark Side if she thinks Crane is cheating on her.

I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. There wasn't THAT much for her to do in the first season after all. Now, if she stays wuth the present time, that'll make for some nice potential plus it means we might finally actually get to the whole "two covens in Sleepy Hollow" thing that was talked about initially and then never really seemed to go anywhere.

It kind of is in this show. Literally the first thing Crane does when he hears the prophecy that he'll betray Abbie is...tell Abbie. Compare that to other shows, where the protagonists would hide it and lie and all the other fake drama crap.

Actually peple lying and hiding truth to appear better to others is more realistic....but hey it's the show abiut headless horesman, witches and Washington zombie so....they had to make something realistic...it's not like they shy away from dumb cliches like unknown ofsprings appearing and best friend turning evil because of rivalry over a woman....they got it all, why not wife turning jealous?

I agree with Jaxom I 'm still giving Kat a chance but so far she's been the boring one.

I know that I'm asking people who must enjoy this show, as you're all posting in the thread... but for a network TV hating, pretentious douche like me... is it worth it to put this show on our binge-watch list? The premise is kind of cool.

Honestly it's hard to say. I think it's pretty creative and enjoy the characterization but there are some weaker episodes mixed in.

I've just finished watching the first season. Don't have much to add, just felt the need to go somewhere where no one knows my real name to express my helpless love for what is possibly the world's cheesiest show. I love you, show! Don't ever go vegan! :kiss:

I love the way that SH is completely daft, but at the same time not quite daft enough to make you completely indifferent to the characters. I love that, not only does a fantasy-horror show have several black main characters, but also that they are all still alive at the end of the first season. I love that it has monsters that appear to have been inspired by Doctor Who. I love the ahem 'history' that makes Bill and Ted look like AJP Taylor. I love the platonic male-female friendship at the centre of the show. (Please, please don't wreck it next season, writers.) I love having a show where a headless horsemen is part of the recurring cast.

As regards the horseman with the head-deficit, I hope I'm not the only one that gets visions of him in a greater variety of situations in S2? The headless horseman goes to the cinema, the headless horseman takes his ex-fiancé for a romantic dinner for two, the headless horsemen tries to sneeze, the headless horsemen communicates with the other characters through semaphore with 'Losing my Head over You' as the background track. Okay, so it is just me. Um.

Anyway, roll on Season 2!

As regards the horseman with the head-deficit, I hope I'm not the only one that gets visions of him in a greater variety of situations in S2? The headless horseman goes to the cinema, the headless horseman takes his ex-fiancé for a romantic dinner for two, the headless horsemen tries to sneeze, the headless horsemen communicates with the other characters through semaphore with 'Losing my Head over You' as the background track. Okay, so it is just me. Um.

No, this is totally me too. I simply assume Headless and Andy spent most of the season sitting in the tunnels, Andy reading him bodice rippers and pining for Abbey, while Headless is furious that he can't sarcastically roll his eyes at Andy.

No, this is totally me too. I simply assume Headless and Andy spent most of the season sitting in the tunnels, Andy reading him bodice rippers and pining for Abbey, while Headless is furious that he can't sarcastically roll his eyes at Andy.

...but tolerates the romances better than might be expected, as a quid pro quo for Andy showing him the Terminator films! (This will all be in the deleted scenes when the DVD is out.)

He won't admit it, but Arnold's Terminator is his hero. He really want to be able to say "Asta La Vista, Baby." Actually, he really wants any catchphrase, and he's been working on it in his silence. But deep, deep down, he really wants to get to say "come with me if you want to live."

• 2 weeks later...

I finally caught up with the season... and fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of the finale. I was watching it OnDemand, which doesn't allow fast forwarding. As I don't want to let it run for 40 minutes so I can get back to the last scene.

Can someone tell me what I missed after

John Noble reveals his true self

?

Thanks.

He can always put a catchphrase on a T-shirt or a hat...oh wait...

Headless needs a Twitter account to taunt Icabod in 140 characters or less at a time.

Hey, Icky. I dare you to meet me at the bridge. #pumkinwithyournameonit

Let me guess: You're still wearing wool underwear. #loser #stuckinthepast

• 6 months later...

'Sleepy Hollow' gets the comic-book treatment

BOOM! Studios has created new prologues to the series in the form of digital comics, the first of which are available on the show's Facebook page and BOOM!'s Tumblr page.

The first two prologues focus on Ichabod Crane and Jenny Mills (who we now know survived her ordeal at the end of season 1). Both pieces, which take place before the first season of the Fox show, are written by Bad Robots Mike Johnson and illustrated by Matias Bergara.

[...]

As for the show, Sleepy Hollow returns Monday, Sept. 22 at 9 p.m. on Fox.

Archived