Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

I really like the show even though the plot is all over the place. The plot is currently somewhat okay for me but if there are huge plot/logic holes from season 1, then by season 4 or 5 I am afraid that it might be unwatchable (for me at least). But other than that I really like everything else about the show; the setting, the atmosphere, the humor, the protagonists, the villains, the side characters, the actors, the action...

I was a bit underwhelmed by season 2 premiere (and again, especially the plot and the conveniences) but perhaps I was having too high expectations since I binge-watched and thoroughly enjoyed season 1. Sounds like there is potential for great episodes ahead though.

It wasn't bad, but did they have to rush it? They've got a full season this time right, not 13 episodes?

The show also suffers a little from being too dependent on just the two characters with a little from Jenny and Katrina. They need a bit more if a specific squad and some more drawn out stories.

It wasn't bad, but did they have to rush it? They've got a full season this time right, not 13 episodes?

The show also suffers a little from being too dependent on just the two characters with a little from Jenny and Katrina. They need a bit more if a specific squad and some more drawn out stories.

According the wiki it has an 18 episode run. So... A little more story wiggle room. With out the need for filler. Well we'll see if there is now filler episodes. I'll admit though for a lot of shows. On a re-watch often my preference is the "filler" episodes.

Maybe we'll get a bit more from Katrina this season. I'm starting to question her abilities as an actual witch. I will have to do a season 1 re-watch. But the main thing she did that I attributed to her witch power. Getting in contact with Ichabod and Abbie from Purgatory. Turns out Abbie could do it too. And it was practically no big deal.. Well except for the whole - sneaking into a demons lair/mirror room - danger element.

I really want Katrina to be more than the damsel in distress that two men are fighting over.

The whole cursing Crane so he'd rise when the horseman did isn't witchy enough? She might not have been the only witch part of that, but it's something. No?

Ah, you're right. totally slipped my mind that she was involved in that. Credit where credit is due.

Enjoyed that episode more than the season premier. Agreed that the Kindred was awesome. I hope we get to see more of it soon. It's nice that the Anti-Apocalypse gang have their own pet monster. Wonder if there'll be any Frankenstein-style problems with it in the future?

I liked Henry's appearance as a lawyer. He's more fun when he's pretending to be decent than when he's being an abject servant of evil.

The introduction of Sheriff Reyes was nicely handled, and I like the actress. Hope she's developed more as the season progresses.

And the trailer for next week looks promising.

Here's a guess:

Catriona's spying ultimately goes horribly wrong and she ends up being turned into the horse(wo)man of famine.

I liked the episode too. It's refreshing to see Katrina having to do something more than just be away. I hope now that she's a spy we'll see more of her as a character.

Crane and modern times is just perfect. "are you from wedding industry " :lol: brilliant.

I like dhow they each know their strengths and weaknesses and how they are open about them.

I wonder what they have planed for poor Irving :(

I hope Jenna in jail doesn't mean less of her,she started to grow on me.

New Sheriff is interesting,will she be as open minded as Irvin?

New Sheriff is interesting,will she be as open minded as Irvin?

Well, unlikely to have the same arc of disbelieving authority figure who is eventually convinced by our protags. It might mean she's already on the other team, and had something to do with why Abby's mom is crazy.

If she's with them, it would explain why Henry knew to find Irving in the mental hospital.

Crane has personal connections to two of the horsemen now. I'd think having Katrina becoming one as well is a bit much. More likely Abby will have that connection. Maybe her mom? Maybe Jenny? Maybe Irving?

Just started following the show with the start of S2 -- madness, I know, but I read through Genevieve Valentine's recaps at io9 and they're quite detailed, so while I'm absolutely missing stuff I haven't fallen off the show's crazy plot wagon yet. Since I just started, the repetitiveness of the new sheriff's apparent outlook doesn't bother me as much, though structurally I can see how its a problem. I kind of like the character, particularly in the little telling asides that make it clear -- or ... well, "clear" -- she is a truly conscientious officer who genuinely cares. She could always be evil, of course -- I thought I detected a potential moment or two in her interactions with Irving -- but I hope they don't jump that way.

Enjoying so far, though I agree that this second episode edges out the season premier. They seem to do little micro-flashbacks to things the characters are remembering for the purposes of recap, not stuff from Ichabod's past but stuff from earlier in the show itself, and I'm not sure I'm a fan; it feels clumsy. Lots of expository dialogue, too. But I'm digging the interactions between the characters, the breathless pace [normally not my thing but here its clearly a stylistic decision], and the commitment to full zany.

Apparently the ratings for these first two episodes of S2 could be a lot better, and are down noticeably from S1. What the hell, Sleepy Hollow fandom? Don't quit on me just when I'm starting to get into the show!

A man signing in blood without his knowledge or consent. Would that be still as binding? Or possible loophole.

The first part yep, I could see a loophole. The other worrying fact is that Henry has his blood and that is bad news. (A connection to him that would let him work bad voodoo on him easier.)

I think the Kindred is going to end up being the next horseman.

I'm of a mind that the new sheriff is, or will become, a horseman...

That'll make for interesting days at the office. Imagine if the local Congressman came to visit the police HQ. "So that's the break room, this is the canteen, over here we have the mortuary - why yes, the bodies are all a head shorter than you might expect - here're the holding cells, here's the admin area, and in the exercise room the cackling fiend in black steel riding upon a midnight charger is the new sheriff. Oh, and we have a coffee machine. But it's not working at the moment."

Archived