Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

:lol: I imagine Sleepy Hollow being rather like Sunnydale - most of the inhabitants have lots of excuses ready to help them block out all the weird things that keep happening. Frequent geothermal activity releasing hallucinogenic gases, a local film industry specializing in gothic horror...

Slightly puzzled that the Cranes' focus is so much on Henry - okay, he's their son, but he's also an almost total stranger. If I were going to try and reconvert one of the bad guys, it would be Abraham. I mean, both Abraham and Henry appear to be psychopathic muttonheads, but with Bram at least there's still some history of positive emotion to work on.

Anyway, I think that Catrina will eventually get through to Henry, though probably only to a limited degree and at great cost to herself. It'll take one of his parents dying for Henry to figure out that he may not totally hate them.

I just really hope that the writers aren't going to fridge her in order to pair Ichabod up with Abbey. Their platonic friendship is the best thing about the show.

I agree about Abraham. He is right now demonstrating a positive emotion...twisted and creepy but positive he shows some affection and emotion towards Katrina. There's some ground to build on. And they have Kat as one person who could help push him on their side and they focus on Henry,like you said stranger who so far haven't showed slight inclination towards any good.

I love Abbey's and Crane's relationship right now and I wouldn't mind if it never changes. But so far writers have done great job with that and other relationships in the show and I am sure they could make it both good and believable.

Ok when Abbey showed up with the photos of that warehouse I couldn't help but think "who develops those photos?" Imagine the awkward moment when some Joe Average develops hot chicks photos and sees autopsy tables,dead bodies,strange tablets etc... :lol:

Do people still get photos developed at actual photo development places? I mean, aside from professional level photo printing? She took the photos on her phone, so I'm assuming she just printed them out on a home photo printer. I figure she'd also have access to a printer at the police station. Surely crime scene photographers don't get their photos developed by civilian photo places.

But that derails your point, and it would be funny to see someone's reactions to those kind of photos.

I enjoyed that episode a lot. I wish Katrina wasn't in it at all (which, yeah) but hopefully they've finally rescued her for good and we can move past "lets rescue Katrina, guys!" as a recurring plotpoint and get back to Abbie fucking shit up and Jenny really fucking shit up. And Crane and Irving being cool. Katrina can come along too, I guess. I'm hoping the "Crane rants about the future" thing morphs into "Crane tries to teach Katrina about the future and fucks it up while Katrina goes overboard trying to fit into modern fashion" but I can only dream.

Sadly, next ep spoilers based on the "next time on:

Hawley's back next ep. Maybe the succubus eats him.

I enjoyed this episode. I was glad when Katrina decided to go back to Abraham, she was messing with the balance.

Soooo, the succubus was able to attack Crane because he had a hidden desire. Maybe I'm being dense but does that mean the writers have confirmed there is something beyond the good old buddy cop relationship we've all come to love? He was also too willing to accept Katrina's decision.

I don't know, I just feel this episode confirmed a few things which had at best, been vague so far.

I love Abbey's and Crane's relationship right now and I wouldn't mind if it never changes. But so far writers have done great job with that and other relationships in the show and I am sure they could make it both good and believable.

Heh, that's what people said about Nick-Jess on New Girl...

• 2 weeks later...

We are a couple of weeks behind here in Ireland, and I'm behind the broadcast, so I'm still catching up. I enjoyed the Necronomicon shout-out back in episode... 2, I think, and I always enjoy Ichabod & Abbie. I've still never really warmed up to Katrina's character, and so far there's not been enough to change my mind.

And yes, Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie are both ridiculously attractive. Even Sleazeball McGee has a certain charm, though I wouldn't trust his character as far as I could throw him.

We are a couple of weeks behind here in Ireland, and I'm behind the broadcast, so I'm still catching up. I enjoyed the Necronomicon shout-out back in episode... 2, I think, and I always enjoy Ichabod & Abbie. I've still never really warmed up to Katrina's character, and so far there's not been enough to change my mind.

And yes, Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie are both ridiculously attractive. Even Sleazeball McGee has a certain charm, though I wouldn't trust his character as far as I could throw him.

I feel the same about Katrina and I really try hard every time to see something in her that I'll like and every time she either annoys me or leaves me indifferent. I'm usually annoyed because she's screwing up with the dynamic of the duo,and I'm not even talking about the shipping thing she's messing up with the mission big time and it irks me so much.

haha.

On another note, the fall finale was kinda of a let down for me

Irving, even when killing demons with a magic sword, was still pretty lethargic. His death was done well, though. The blurry camera work was over done in this episode. And where is that undead warrior they created all those episodes ago?

And the last scene, talk about anti-climactic. It was pretty clear that Henry would turn on Moloch, but the way everything was set up and acted, it looked like all the characters there knew it, too, except for Moloch, of course. And then it just ended. I guess we'll have to wait til next year to see the aftermath of all this.

Archived