London Visit 2.0 1 April - 10 April with a BWB meet up on 9 April.

If you want a London BWB meet, then I suggest you put the dates in the thread title. it will get more attention.

However due to my shift patern I will be unable to attend myself unless its on the saturday (which is not normally the most conenient for everyone else - and I don't know if your football game is for Saturday or Sunday)

If you want a London BWB meet, then I suggest you put the dates in the thread title. it will get more attention.

However due to my shift patern I will be unable to attend myself unless its on the saturday (which is not normally the most conenient for everyone else - and I don't know if your football game is for Saturday or Sunday)

Thanks for the heads up. The match is Saturday the 19th at 5:30.

• 2 weeks later...

A London meet-up sounds good :D

So are we going with a Saturday afternoon meet before the football? I'm sure some of us will just stay in the pub for the rest of the evening and those going to the football could come back and join us afterwards if you guys want to?

Anyone else up for that?

So are we going with a Saturday afternoon meet before the football? I'm sure some of us will just stay in the pub for the rest of the evening and those going to the football could come back and join us afterwards if you guys want to?

Anyone else up for that?

Yeah that sounds good

Anyone else up for that?

I should be able to make it on Saturday afternoon if we're have a meet then. Anyone got any suggestions for where?

Unfortunately something has come up so I don't think I'm going to be able to make this one.

I'd suggest finding somewhere close to (but maybe not too close) to where the match AMP is going to see is taking place.

Sorry I can't be there this time, but there might be an opportunity to have another meet up in a couple of weeks time. With World Fantasy Con in Brighton there are a few authors doing signing events in London that might be worth going to and there are a few boarders flying in for WFC that it would be good to catch up with too. I'll make some enquiries and if there's a plan I'll start another thread for it.

I'd suggest finding somewhere close to (but maybe not too close) to where the match AMP is going to see is taking place.

This might not need saying, but definitely don't meet up in West Ham or around Upton Park. Not only are the pubs shit but if you aren't into football you'll hate them all from about 11am onward. Somewhere like Whitechapel might be a decent shout for your meet up as it's easy for Philip to get to Upton Park on the District Line from there.

Won't be able to make it myself as I have to pick my brother up before the game etc. Enjoy the match mate and I hope West ham get destroyed :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've booked my trip back to London if anybody is interested in trying again. I'm actually going to have my smartphone this time so maybe something can be arranged. I'll be in London the first through the tenth of April. I'm going to be in France on the second and third, I'm also going to the West Ham match on the fifth.

Now that's a good week to have picked, with the start of season 4 of that TV show based on a popular book series you might have heard of, I strongly suspect we would have been planning on a meet in London that week anyway. I will look into making arrangements with some folks and see what we can organise.

Archived