Who will take the Black?

Northernmonkey

Jorah Mormont. 1000th LC of the NW!

While, I could see Jamie taking the Black. IMO, he only has two roads in front of him. He dies in the end or he plays the "Kingmaker" and remains in the KG....or both.

i f he does play the Kingmaker to Jon, Jon likely won't trust him and/or won't abandon the fight with the others so Jaime will join to protect Jon or to convince Jon to trust him

i f he does play the Kingmaker to Jon, Jon likely won't trust him and/or won't abandon the fight with the others so Jaime will join to protect Jon or to convince Jon to trust him

Of course. Jon isn't leaving the fight against the Others, nor chasing a throne. But considering the road Jamie is on, I could see him trying to protect the child of Rhaegar.

Interesting question as it touches on the future of the NW. While I have no doubt that the NW will continue to exist until ADOS, it may well have ceased to exist at the end of ADOS: If the NW fails, who's going to stop the white walkers? Some have argued that an all-out defeat of the Great Other would put an end to all white walkers, and return the seasons to a normal 4 season = 1 year pattern and bust all magic. Clearly then the NW would not be needed anymore.

People who are in the North at the end of ADwD: Theon is certainly in a position where he might want to save his life by volunteering for the black. But is he still in the mental and physical shape to do so (or can he recover to that point)? The Karstarks that were captured by Stannis and some of their men might volunteer for the black as well.

People who are in the South: Here I can't really see anyone who's bound to take the black. Basically, they're all too concerned with butchering each other and blissfully ignorant of the Others. Brynden Tully might be a prime candidate in theory but the Tully words of "Family, Duty, Honour" indicate otherwise. I'm sure he's going to find some family member to fight for, even if it's to rescue Sweetrobin from Littlefinger. Jaime has to survive Lady Stonehart first and if he does so, why would he take the black? Even Catelyn Tully wouldn't have given him the option to save his life by taking the black much less Lady Stonehart. He has to survive her on his own. Sarella/Alleras proximity to Sam is certainly an indication that something is going to happen between those two. The story of Danny Flint might provide another hint. But I wouldn't bet on her taking the black. Speaking of Sam, there is one guy I'd love to see taking the black in a desparate attempt to save his life after something shameful: Randyll Tarly. Then, when both are fighting the Others, Sam could rescue him from the grips of a white walker and discover that he's soiled his breeches (he = Randyll). ;-) Am I allowed to hope?

Just a quick question, do you think that any of the main characters will be made to take the black, and if so who?

I would say the likeliest options are Jorah and Jamie. Unlikely but possible are Tyrion, Ramsay, Davos, Darkstar etc. What about Littlefinger?

I think Jorah will take the black - as it has been his fathers death wish...somehow Jorah will meet Samwell and Samwell will tell him about his fathers death and about his death wish.

About Jaime...I think Cersei and Jaime will die in the bowels of Casterly Rock and Jaimes dream when leaving Harrenhall has been a foreshadowing for that.

Archived