Rhaegar was unknowingly infertile (crackpot)

Fire and Lemoncakes

So two out of three of his presumed children don't look like him, seems quite suspicious to me. On top of that, the twincest is the only cuckolding scheme I can recall while GRRM uses most plot devices more than once. Also Rhaegar was arguably feminine, so not exactly a testosterone bomb.

Maybe Summerhall was a cursed place and he got a piece of it from hanging out there all the time.

I propose things went down like this:

King Aerys got mad at Elia Martell for not producing an heir quick enough.

Lewyn Martell + Elia = Rhaenys

Then Aerys got really riled up due to the child not looking Targish, so Elia had to strike a deal with him.

Aerys + Elia = Aegon

After that, Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna and getting super obsessed with those prophecies. Lyanna got tired of not conceiving, so...

Arthur Dayne + Lyanna = Jon Snow

That would also fix up loose ends, like Lewyn's unknown paramour and why Rhaegar took so damn long at the ToJ. And of course Jon's lack of Targ look & madness, dragon dreams and pyromania.

I am so tired of secret Targaryens that I take this pot and wear it ceremonially on my head for a moment to signify my allegiance.

I propose things went down like this:

King Aerys got mad at Elia Martell for not producing an heir quick enough.

Lewyn Martell + Elia = Rhaenys

Then Aerys got really riled up due to the child not looking Targish, so Elia had to strike a deal with him.

Aerys + Elia = Aegon

After that, Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna and getting super obsessed with those prophecies. Lyanna got tired of not conceiving, so...

Arthur Dayne + Lyanna = Jon Snow

Whatever you say, good sir. As long no one is a secret Targ I don't care whose the offspring actually are.

While Ned's four children not looking like him is not suspicious at all. I see.

This is not Beverley Hills 90210 to experiment how many couples you can put together from a limited number of persons.

Archived