Why do people think that Jon+Dany is incest?

Anatúrinbor

ooh also, just recalled that Young Griff is initially headed to Danearys in order to attempt to wed her, now Tyrion doesn't query this, nor does Jon Con, Septa Lemore the halfmaester etc. everyone on the shy maid see's the pairing as legit, even though theoretically she is his aunt too. (though she aint as he is a fake, but they all believe he is real.)

ooh also, just recalled that Young Griff is initially headed to Danearys in order to attempt to wed her, now Tyrion doesn't query this, nor does Jon Con, Septa Lemore the halfmaester etc. everyone on the shy maid see's the pairing as legit, even though theoretically she is his aunt too. (though she aint as he is a fake, but they all believe he is real.)

True. But they are Targs, there is a difference for them.

In real life I am utterly repulsed by the idea of even cousins marrying. I mean really, that is just gross. Certainly in the UK marrying ones aunt or uncle is illegal. But as has been pointed out I don't think in Westeros it is seen in the same light at all, Victarion misunderstands Asha and thinks hmph, well I never saw you like that but hell why not you are young and fit and atractive. Also Alys runs to Jon to avoid her Uncle forcing a marriage and Jon protects her from the forced marriage but does not think ewwwwww what is he thinking she is his niece.

Also Wyman Manderley wanted Bran to tell Lady Hornwood to marry him in order to gain her lands and they were cousins as of course were Joanna & Tywin.

in the books I am not grossed out by even Jamie & Cersei but you bet your life irl that would turn my stomach.

I know some one IRL who had an affair with his half sister after being raised apart, which is an actual phenomenon and it makes me feel sick. I also know of a couple in my town who are Uncle & Niece and while they are not legally allowed to wed no one can force them apart. This is another thing that makes me queasy.

In conclusion while IRL we may find the prospect of an Aunt Nephew relationship abhorrent I don't think in westeros there will be much outrage at all.

A friend of mine prosecuted a man who'd had a long-standing affair with his own daughter.

You mean a father and his daughter or your friends daughter. ? I'm assuming the first seen as this thread is about incest. your going to make me actually Vom Sean. shudder.... This guy I know with his sister was the dad of one of my first boyfriends and an upstanding member of the church I was raised in. oh and a copper!!!!

Honestly, I don’t find it weird in universe or in real life as long as they are consenting adults. Having said that, the idea of me being with any of my brothers, uncles or cousins is beyond repulsive. Just ewww..

However, if I were to fall in love with a man who I later found out I’m related too, I’m not so sure I would react to it or what I would do. If you love someone you just can’t turn your feelings on and off.

In short, it’s complicated.

And we are talking about another world, incest is also an abomination there, but the Valyrian people did it culturally, the Targaryens brought up the tradition to Westeros, but Andals can't do that because when someone mention the Targaryens, they are considered beyond gods law, it's kinda complicated

I think the bigger question to ask is...why do people even think that Dany+Jon is going to happen?

That said, I think it is incest...yes the Targs are exempted, they can marry leagally etc etc.....does not change the fact that it is incest.

P.S: Targs must be like the rednecks of Westeros.....goddamn y'all...wheer muh fuckin draaaagons?.

I think the bigger question to ask is...why do people even think that Dany+Jon is going to happen?

That said, I think it is incest...yes the Targs are exempted, they can marry leagally etc etc.....does not change the fact that it is incest.

P.S: Targs must be like the rednecks of Westeros.....goddamn y'all...wheer muh fuckin draaaagons?.

Because they are Ice and Fire, the song is about them, dude

They are the most badasses, they were the only family that managed to unite Westeros

Redneck? wow, you have such a great concept, heh?

True. But they are Targs, there is a difference for them.

I meant that the other non Targ people on the boat never found it weird or gross, I'd assume with Jon also being a Targ that their feelings would be a good gauge of the general reception to the relationship in Westeros whichever of her Nephews Dany were screwing. :dunno:

I meant that the other non Targ people on the boat never found it weird or gross, I'd assume with Jon also being a Targ that their feelings would be a good gauge of the general reception to the relationship in Westeros whichever of her Nephews Dany were screwing. :dunno:

I don't think Jon will accept his Targ side that easy, he always saw himself as a Stark

it'll be really difficult for him

Jon no matter his Targaryen lineage, is also a follower of the Old Gods and they forbid incest.

i agree, but I'm kinda trying to assess the reaction of the general populous.

"Oh he's a Targ, oh they are together, ah thats them darn Targaeryans for ya!"

I see, but I think that first and foremost comes what Jon wants and Jon wouldn't agree to incest.

I dunno how Jon might react, I don't even know if I think they will even get it on???? :dunno: I kinda want him to end up with Val. or I have an outside odds ship of Wylla Manderly too.

:agree: we have foreshadowing for this.

Archived