Any possibility of Margaery being a POV in TWoW?

Caladaran

I remember that quote too, but I don't know how wise it is to rely on information that old. Even though the quote says there was going to be one new PoV in Dance, we got four of them - Quentyn, JonCon, Barristan and Mel - so I'm not sure the part about no more new POVs should be trsuted either.

Good point. I didn't realize there were so many new povs in adwd. We know that Barristan was a late addition. Maybe the pov he was referring to was Quentyn?

I found this one from 2012:

Only the principal POVs have been known by GRRM from the start. Some POVs have been added when needed. The Meereenese Knot, for instance, was broken only when Barristan Selmy got his own chapters. He was ideally positioned to deal with all the relevant characters and events, and was one of the few that spoke the language. GRRM does not intend to add any more POVs. In fact, the number of POVs is about to decline. "Take your bets," GRRM warned.

http://towerofthehan...orum/index.html

Thanks, I knew there was a newer one somewhere.

God you just know he's going to kill off either(or both) Victarion and Barristan soon.

And he's going to spare Tyrion for some odd reason even though the other two are far more interesting and have less contrived stories at this point.

I see Barristan dying rather than Victarion because I do not think Barristan would welcome Tyrion into Dany's inner circle.

I don't think so. As it is "all aboard the crazy Cersei train" in King's Landing. If we get a Tyrell POV it'll be Olenna in Highgarden I think.

Oh man, an Olenna in Highgarden would have potential to be really interesting. Or Olenna outside of HG, if she travels.

I also would sort of hope for a Margaery character, but at the same time not. On one hand, she is her own impeccable force, her current situation is tense and dire, and can cover some mysterious details. On the other, it might give too much away about her mysterious details and her persona. It would have to be a clever balancing at. That being said, I don't see a Marge or Olenna POV in the next book.

I still can't believe he wasted POVs in Quentyn, Areo, Arys and Aeron :stillsick:

Agreed, + Brienne! I read her chapters twice and now I skip them every time, even when I am listening to audio :dunno: As Far as Margaery for a POV and keeping it as some form of mystery and personal speculation I can agree to that. Maybe that's why that story line has me so intrigued lately. With that being said it would be nice to get just a little more insight from anyone rather than Cersei, or at least the truth behind the moon tea from Pycelle

I don't think so. As it is "all aboard the crazy Cersei train" in King's Landing. If we get a Tyrell POV it'll be Olenna in Highgarden I think.

I think something big happening in Highgarden is our only hope of seeing it; at least Casterly Rock might be visited by an existing POV, Cersei, Tyrion or a Greyjoy. So I'm hoping for an Olenna prologue POV in TWOW in which she dies and things go to hell for the Tyrells. Equal misery for everyone in Westeros!

Archived