Daario Naharis isn't so bad.

E-Ro

I am honestly shocked at how hated he is. I mean even dany fans don't seen to like him. And honestly I think that's ridiculous, he has done nothing at all wrong or bad. He is just a typical sellsword. Is it some sort of anger people have at guys like daario? That's honestly all I can think of. And if that's your reason for hating him, you really should get over it. In a sereis full of rapists and terrible horrid people it's odd to me that daario of all people has such venemous hate directed at him.

Eh, he's nowhere near the worst character in the series, certainly nowhere near the worst when it comes to treatment of women, and at least seems to care about Dany on some level. He's just a little silly in the way he's presented and gets somewhat irritating at times. I wouldn't miss him if he stopped showing up, put it that way.

Eh, he's nowhere near the worst character in the series, certainly nowhere near the worst when it comes to treatment of women, and at least seems to care about Dany on some level. He's just a little silly in the way he's presented and gets somewhat irritating at times. I wouldn't miss him if he stopped showing up, put it that way.

I don't think he is silly at all, I think he's pretty cool actually. Not as badass as say, stannis or Robert but he's close. I think the hate leveled at him is ridiculous.

In my opinion, he is hated by Dany fans (myself included) because he's a dickhead nowhere near good enough for her.

Jorah wasn't nice to look at but he truly cared for her. Daario doesn't care about her at all, even Dany admits he wouldn't be interested in her if she weren't the queen. Daario is the low she must endure after the death of her Sun and Stars, and from which she will learn to appreciate the quiet dedication and total commitment of a man like Jon Snow.

he is not the most hated in these forums or anywhere else. He simply isnt liked very much. Perhaps this has something to do with his swagger, the absurd beard, the naked ladies. Oh and since Ser Barristan does not like him i dont like him either.

In my opinion, he is hated by Dany fans (myself included) because he's a dickhead nowhere near good enough for her.

Jorah wasn't nice to look at but he truly cared for her. Daario doesn't care about her at all, even Dany admits he wouldn't be interested in her if she weren't the queen.

This is just ridiculous. Not good enough for her? According to whom? It's Danny's choice and she chose him, hence he is more then good enough. And don't get me started on jorah.(who cares for her so much he informed on her to her biggest enemy)

He's hated coz he got to bump uglies with the silver-haired bombshell. He is the badboy from high school who annoyingly got all the hot girls.

/thread. I didn't want to say it, but I suspect this is the biggest factor. Common people, get over it, your better then this.

I don't think he is silly at all, I think he's pretty cool actually. Not as badass as say, stannis or Robert but he's close. I think the hate leveled at him is ridiculous.

Liking or disliking fictional characters disproportionately is pretty common, sadly! Your mileage is obviously going to vary, but in a series that’s rich in well realised characters I find Daario very one note. And in a series with plenty of badass warrior types to rally behind, he’s nowhere near as fun as some others. Like I say; I don’t hate the guy, but wouldn’t be too fussed if he gets axed off screen, either.

This seems to be one of those peculiar situations in which a character is hated (or at least treated with disdain) not because of their actions, but because of their role in relation to another character, Dany in this case. Many people seem to consider it foolish that Dany falls in love with a show off sellsword and takes him as her paramour, thereby endangering her political goals.

So to put it bluntly, in the opinion of many posters Dany should not sleep with someone who she actually enjoys sleeping with, because it might weaken her rule. Which is about the opposite of what people seem to think of every other fictional character.

This is just ridiculous. Not good enough for her? According to whom? It's Danny's choice and she chose him, hence he is more then good enough. And don't get me started on jorah.(who cares for her so much he informed on her to her biggest enemy)

/thread. I didn't want to say it, but I suspect this is the biggest factor. Common people, get over it, your better then this.

what if you dont get any

According to the Daario-haters that you're addressing because they're prevalent on the boards.

No one has any right at all to decide who is and isn't good enough for someone else. It's consensual, both parties are happy.

There are a lot of reasons why I don't like him all that much. He just doesn't have the depth that I've seen in so many other characters. He comes across as flat in a world with characters that are much more fleshed out than he is. Also, he kind of comes across as a bit of a douche. Not the type of person I would like to spend too much time with. But the biggest reason I don't like him is that I don't trust him. He turned his cloak on his old allies. He's a sellsword, and that means he will betray Dany if the price is right. In fact, I'm calling it now. In TWOW, he will betray Dany.

Even Dany knows what Daario is, but the fact that she does what she does with him kind of conflicts with her being a hero/saviour. She is where she is because she didn't want to abandon her people, but she abandoned us by not living up to our standard of her being innocent, moral or a strong woman.

Daario caused that.

What the hell? "She abandoned us"? She's not a "moral or a strong woman" because she chose Daario to be her lover?

Funny how nobody ever writes that male characters hero status is in danger because they get in love with the like Ygritte (a murderer and a thief) or Shae.

Archived