Jaime Lannister

capo51

Oh guys please don't misunderstand me...I didn't say if I believed the punishment he got was enough for him.I never said that a chopped off hand is any where NEAR as being equal to never being able to walk again.

I was just commenting on the fact that he got at least some kind of punishment.A bit ironic too, he got the very hand who did the deed chopped off.

Edit:Mistakes

Sorry for misunderstanding you people just try to say that Jamie losing his hand is equal punishment for trying to kill a child and crippling him. Also Jamie is part if the reason Bran lost his parents, Robb, his siblings scattered and his home. Jamie could NEVER NEVER NEVER atone to Bran for what he did to him and his

I agree that Jaime got some "comeuppance" with the loss of his sword hand; I just bristled at the idea that Jaime's loss in anyway equals Bran's loss. At any rate, karmically speaking, I don't know that Martin's world is exactly fair when it comes to people being punished for their crimes, and I'm ok with that. It makes the books more realistic, in a sense, because life isn't fair, and it makes the storylines less predictable. I just want Jaime to continue to improve as a person, do some good in the story, help Brienne find Sansa, and die with a purpose if he doesn't end up raising his kids (Tommen and Myrcella included) with Brienne. Also, I don't want him to kill Cersei. Is that too much to ask?

He's definetly on a redemption arc.

He's on a damnation arc.

In the beginning he was a witty ass [...]

He still is. (Though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about the "witty" part).

, whose best known action was killing his king. But you find out later that he had a GOOD reason for killing Aerys.

Good or bad, that was long ago. Not much of a redemption arc there.

Jaime's POV chapters have become one of my favorites. Prior to that, eh, kill him. He still deserves some type of punishment for Bran, no matter what.

Jaime, be a man and trade your white cloak for the black.

I was replying to this very comment above with the very phrase below...

I think he already got it.He got his hand chopped off.The very hand he pushed Bran with.

...this phrase , does not imply in any way that I believe his punishment was anywhere near equal.

when I said "he got it"....I mean he got the "some type of punishment" mentioned in the comment I replied to,that's all.

Sorry for misunderstanding you people just try to say that Jamie losing his hand is equal punishment for trying to kill a child and crippling him. Also Jamie is part if the reason Bran lost his parents, Robb, his siblings scattered and his home. Jamie could NEVER NEVER NEVER atone to Bran for what he did to him and his

I agree that Jaime got some "comeuppance" with the loss of his sword hand; I just bristled at the idea that Jaime's loss in anyway equals Bran's loss. At any rate, karmically speaking, I don't know that Martin's world is exactly fair when it comes to people being punished for their crimes, and I'm ok with that. It makes the books more realistic, in a sense, because life isn't fair, and it makes the storylines less predictable. I just want Jaime to continue to improve as a person, do some good in the story, help Brienne find Sansa, and die with a purpose if he doesn't end up raising his kids (Tommen and Myrcella included) with Brienne. Also, I don't want him to kill Cersei. Is that too much to ask?

I was replying to this very comment above with the very phrase below...

...this phrase , does not imply in any way that I believe his punishment was anywhere near equal.

when I said "he got it"....I mean he got the "some type of punishment" mentioned in the comment I replied to,that's all.

I understand your original point was that the loss of Jaime's sword hand, the same hand that pushed Bran, is a punishment of sorts. I also understand that you weren't trying to imply that Jaime's punishment was equal to Bran's paralysis. My last post (#22) was more about a general view that I have about karma in the books; I wasn't trying to misrepresent or misunderstand you further. It's my pet peeve when I feel as though someone is deliberately misunderstanding me, so I get why you would be annoyed. My apologies for any misunderstanding.

I think he already got it.He got his hand chopped off.The very hand he pushed Bran with.

Exactly. He lost his sword hand and with it his pride and his identity. I really hated him at first but he managed to make me like him (though I still find what he did to Bran horrible and unacceptable) and I always enjoy his POV's. If he hadn't pushed Bran he would have been one of my favorite characters.

I understand your original point was that the loss of Jaime's sword hand, the same hand that pushed Bran, is a punishment of sorts. I also understand that you weren't trying to imply that Jaime's punishment was equal to Bran's paralysis. My last post (#22) was more about a general view that I have about karma in the books; I wasn't trying to misrepresent or misunderstand you further. It's my pet peeve when I feel as though someone is deliberately misunderstanding me, so I get why you would be annoyed. My apologies for any misunderstanding.

No problem ^_^

IMHO there is moret to Jaime than meets the eye however I do not feel that most of it is good. Jaime is a truly troubled and self serving individual. cant wrap my hear around the people who rally around his redemption arc. The man has done to much for a simple redemption.

I don't think his moral compass has changed too much we just have his POV now and get to see inside his head.

You can say redemption arc this redemption arc that but reread his conversation with Edmure and ask yourself if Jaime wouldn't have done it...

It's been awhile since I've read the scene, but I got the impression that Jaime didn't know himself if he would have actually done it. At this point I think he's truly struggling with how much like Tywin he is, and how much like Tywin he wants to be.

It's been awhile since I've read the scene, but I got the impression that Jaime didn't know himself if he would have actually done it. At this point I think he's truly struggling with how much like Tywin he is, and how much like Tywin he wants to be.

He gave the order to kill "Jeyne Westerling" in case she ran away.

He thinks she is a threat because she might have been pregnant as I recall.

A man who is cruel enough to kill a pregnant woman is probably cruel enough to murder a baby.

Archived