Gentry - will he find out who his dad is?

maiden of tarth

I think we can assume that it will either be revealed to him or it will not matter in the end. Perhaps both. I wouldn't be surprised if Brienne and Gendry meet again through the BWB connections with Lady Stoneheart.

I hope he finds out. I hope he gets together with Arya. As King Robert said to Ned "My son and your daughter".

I hope he finds out. I hope he gets together with Arya. As King Robert said to Ned "My son and your daughter".

The Gendry/Arya thing would also mirror the would-have-been Robert/Lyanna relationship. Not that I necessarily want Arya and Gendry to be a 'thing'.

My son and your deadly daughter :D

I don't see any other reason for why he must know that except if he meets Arya again. Was he that important? Well he was when the story required it but is he now?

TV show Gendry is a mix of Edric and Gendry. In books Edric is the one who knew who his father was, and the one taken to DS. Then I think knowing this in the show, doesnt tell us anything about Gendry knowing later in the books.

The weird thing is, there is no reason that Gendry in the TV show had to know about his father, Edric Storm mashup or no. It's not like knowing or not knowing altered Gendry's actions.

I think we can assume that it will either be revealed to him or it will not matter in the end. Perhaps both. I wouldn't be surprised if Brienne and Gendry meet again through the BWB connections with Lady Stoneheart.

From what I remember, only read through once, Brienne looked at Gendry and saw a young version of Robert. She will say or ask of his true parentage, wouldn't it be great to have the same family on the throne at the end of the Song as at the beginning, a Baratheon, of course Gendry has to be legitimized. JS doesn't want the Iron throne.

The weird thing is, there is no reason that Gendry in the TV show had to know about his father, Edric Storm mashup or no. It's not like knowing or not knowing altered Gendry's actions.

That was all about blood of a King, and the blood sacrifices.

Sorry. Damn the spellcheck. Obviously I mean GENDRY.

That's even worse, when someone does spell something right and damn spellcheck changes it. I don't use spell check, and gladly take the blame for my errors.

I'm trying to remember back to Brienne's conversation with Gendry, right before they were interrupted by The Hound 2.0. I know she was starting to ask if anyone remarked to him about his looks, etc, but I'd have to double check on the details. Gendry is a bit stubborn and dense, especially in the books, so unless it was absolutely spelled out for him with Brienne, he might not have cottoned on to what she was saying.

I do get the feeling he may wind up finding out, although I'm not sure what it may or may not mean, for him and or the world/story at large. I'd say it probably still is a good idea, bookwise, to keep him away from Mel, for his own sake. Although, I'm starting to wonder if Mel herself is rethinking all her claims about Stannis anyway. But still, I'm not sure that would even rule out that king's blood is king's blood, not for Mel, anyway.

I think Gendry will eventually find out who his father is after someone tells him, likely Brienne or Jaime, or even Tyrion if he comes his way. Gendry does have a slight parallel with Jon: a bastard who is ignorant of his royal heritage.

Archived