Gentry - will he find out who his dad is?

maiden of tarth

I somehow think he could aready know it. With Lady Stoneheart so near. She knew Robert and Renly and also knows how at least Robert looked when he was younger. She could have told him or he's already figured it out of his own.

And god knows Arya Gendry is my biggest ship even though I don't think they'll end up together. I just can't see it happening but I do wish they see each other again one more time and have some kind of closure.

Both Ned and Jon talked to him and died. Cersei sent gold cloaks for him and there is the letter of Stannis. His resemblance to Robert or Renly is obvious. Even with his thick Baratheon head, he should suspect something.

I think he's figured it but he's severely in denial. He's very bitter about Robert's person and he is almost too insistent about his own ignorance: "I'm only a smith", "I don't know why the guards are after me", etc. In his conversation with Brienne he's clearly annoyed and playing dumb. So I think he knows but he has convinced himself he doesn't know anything because he really doesn't want to know.

And god knows Arya Gendry is my biggest ship even though I don't think they'll end up together. I just can't see it happening but I do wish they see each other again one more time and have some kind of closure.

I'd kill for an Arya-Hot Pie-Gendry reunion. They were so amusing on the road. Their adventures reminded me of the early European picaresque novels, only darker.

I think he's figured it but he's severely in denial. He's very bitter about Robert's person and he is almost too insistent about his own ignorance: "I'm only a smith", "I don't know why the guards are after me", etc. In his conversation with Brienne he's clearly annoyed and playing dumb. So I think he knows but he has convinced himself he doesn't know anything because he really doesn't want to know.

I'd kill for an Arya-Hot Pie-Gendry reunion. They were so amusing on the road. Their adventures reminded me of the early European picaresque novels, only darker.

I'd never really considered this, his Baratheon stubborness is just refusing to take the knowledge and turn it around in his mind, and he just refuses to look at it, or let anyone around him know that he knows or suspects. Gendry does have some bitterness issues and yes, he may already know or suspect and just stubbornly holds onto refusing to acknowledge it.

The Brotherhood is now an absolute mess, as Thoros himself points out in his talk to Brienne, I'm not sure what will happen with Gendry, but unless the BwB is put back on a better, cleaner path.......I'm hoping Gendry isn't dragged down with the ship.

I love Arya and Gendry and do hope for some type of reacquaintence for them in the long run. Part of me does hope when they are older, they have a chance at maintaining some type of friendship, or more.

ETA: And of course, I'd like Hot Pie to show up, looking like Hot Pie, and have them all reunited.

Archived