100 replies to this topic

#1 Afro Seven

Afro Seven

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Anyone have it? PS3 or 360, doesn't matter. How do you like ti thus far?

I'm 66% finished, my favorite thing to do is switch over to Trevor to see what kind of crazy things he's getting himself into.

Multiplayer is open October 1st and I'm down to play with whoever so if you'd like to friend me, I'm on Xbox 360.

Gamertag: The Lovat Scout
Rockstar Social Club Profile: http://socialclub.ro...ember/afroseven
GTA V Crew: http://socialclub.ro...com/crew/sevens

#2 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

PS3 here

Best thing I like so far is the many clothing options, there's a clothing store on every block it seems.

#3 Afro Seven

Afro Seven

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

PS3 here

Best thing I like so far is the many clothing options, there's a clothing store on every block it seems.

Yeah and not everyone is the same. Theres a few 'Discount Stores' around the desert area, but each one has different cloths in it. How far into are you? I found out my percentage by pausing the menu, and switching over to the friends tab, then just comparing mine with theirs.

#4 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Yeah and not everyone is the same. Theres a few 'Discount Stores' around the desert area, but each one has different cloths in it. How far into are you? I found out my percentage by pausing the menu, and switching over to the friends tab, then just comparing mine with theirs.

Not very far , about 2 hours of gameplay
I haven't really got into the missions hard yet

Edited by DaarioKnowsBest, 24 September 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#5 King Robert's Warhammer

King Robert's Warhammer

Council Member

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Awesome. Just awesome. Favourite thing is just to drive by taking in the scenery and listening to the radio.

#6 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Oh I forgot my real favorite thing,
At pay n sprays u can seriously trick out your car now.

Do cars not blow up anymore when they get too much damage? I don't think I've had one blow up yet

Edited by DaarioKnowsBest, 24 September 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#7 Alex.

Alex.

We Go Again

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

They do, yeah. I shotgunned a car until it exploded to find out. Killed some cops in the explosion which was nice. Takes a while though.

#8 TheEvilKing

TheEvilKing

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Oh I forgot my real favorite thing,
At pay n sprays u can seriously trick out your car now.

Do cars not blow up anymore when they get too much damage? I don't think I've had one blow up yet

If you're just crashing the car it won't explode. You usually have to use grenades or something to blow them up.

#9 Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Fire in the hole!

• Members
  • 7,181 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

You're not pushing the pedal to the metal if you haven't exploded a car yet :/

#10 PhoenixFlame

PhoenixFlame

Markgräfin Schattenfalke

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Going for more realism? I mean, not every car is a Pinto. It's pretty crazy I can do three flips down a hill and be ok though, teehee. Cars will explode if they fall far enough and nosedive.

I finished the main story last night. Wow, overall, reaaaaally love it. I think my favorite thing is how fucking detailed the world is. I squeed when Trevor punched someone repeatedly and in the next scene had blood on his knuckles and forearm. I love when you've barely won a fight, health flashing red, and Michael has bullet holes, bruises, and blood splatters all over him. Fuck, they even have sweat marks when they've been running or fighting. Armpit sweat marks! I also love how scarred and rough the characters are even uninjured. I was getting Trevor's tattoos done and noticed several scars, nicks, scrapes, etc.

As far as the plot, I think it could have had more emotional payoff. Things were cracking along, I was totally onboard--the cemetery scene between Michael and Trevor, for example. The villains had plenty of potential but only one ever felt remotely threatening. I did love the storyline of Mike's family...I would have liked maybe one or two more scenes with them, but that quest involving the tattoo parlour hit my happy spots.

Great dialogue. My favorite character is Trevor...he might be my favorite GTA dude ever. It's like having the Joker from Dark Knight as a protagonist. LOVE how they introduced him, especially if you played the GTA IV expansion with the biker gang. Though seeing the gang leader, compared to how he was in his game, made me very sad. Say what you will about glorifying violence, GTA never glorifies drugs. Michael was a fun protagonist too. Really loved the voice acting. The therapy sessions were hilarious.

And of course, the heists. Shit I wish there were more of them. It was so fun to pick your crew and have little convos en route to the site. I giggled so hard when the McCreary brother brought up the huge heist from GTA IV. Bless you Niko, hope you found some measure of happiness. But for reals I loved those Irish brothers. I was just cruising around as Franklin and saw one of them having a spaz because they had no getaway car for their robbery. Always one to help a homie in need, I did a double-take when he introduced himself.

#11 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Trevor reminds me of Mel Gibsons character in Lethal Weapon

#12 Littlefingers In The Air

Littlefingers In The Air

wave 'em like you just don't care

• Members
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

relevant to your interests

#13 DaarioKnowsBest

DaarioKnowsBest

Council Member

• Banned
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

relevant to your interests

No way drugs, alcohol, mental illness, or plain trolling could possibly have anything to do with that.

#14 Jabronius Maximus

Jabronius Maximus

Know Your Role

• Members
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

This game got very very dark at a certain Azerbaijan dude's mission...I had to look away during most of it...

#15 Cuellar

Cuellar

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Waiting on the PC version. : (

#16 PhoenixFlame

PhoenixFlame

Markgräfin Schattenfalke

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

The torture part was so uncomfortable...that was the point. The tooth-pulling, egads. Blackly humorous at the end, with Trevor spouting off that while torture can be a fun pastime, it's useless for acquiring information. Don't know how the kid was getting away sans passport, but it was morbidly amusing when Trevor dubbed him a messenger for US torture.

Do you guys read the Bleeter page and Life Invader? Lots of funny bits. Lester especially. It's neat to hear people in the world responding to your deeds.

I might be wrong, but was the female agent interrogating the poor kid Michelle from GTA IV? It looked/sounded like her.

Edited by PhoenixFlame, 25 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#17 Fuse Prime

Fuse Prime

womp womp

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Man, I've been ripping through this game. I kind of want to finish the side quests before finishing the main one. The parachute challenges were fun. I even enjoyed hunting. I bought a couple of sick cars like the Cheetah, and a chopper too. I've been afraid of driving my million dollar cars around since my stolen cars have disappered from time to time. DOn't know if that's the same with purchase cars, but I'm not trying to be the test case on that one.The dialog is hilarious...especially Franklin's boy Lamar. I know someone exactly like him (not the gang banging part, just the stupid dialog and mannerisms part). Great game. I'm just a little disappointed with the radio choices. The songs, IMHO, kind of suck. I do like the news breaks and the classic GTA radio commercials. I have to spend some more time with it before I can "rank" it.

#18 PhoenixFlame

PhoenixFlame

Markgräfin Schattenfalke

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Regarding the ending...
Spoiler

Man, I've been ripping through this game. I kind of want to finish the side quests before finishing the main one. The parachute challenges were fun. I even enjoyed hunting. I bought a couple of sick cars like the Cheetah, and a chopper too. I've been afraid of driving my million dollar cars around since my stolen cars have disappered from time to time. DOn't know if that's the same with purchase cars, but I'm not trying to be the test case on that one.The dialog is hilarious...especially Franklin's boy Lamar. I know someone exactly like him (not the gang banging part, just the stupid dialog and mannerisms part). Great game. I'm just a little disappointed with the radio choices. The songs, IMHO, kind of suck. I do like the news breaks and the classic GTA radio commercials. I have to spend some more time with it before I can "rank" it.

Ha! I'm that way too--I dislike leaving side quests for later, because then I don't feel as motivated. If you buy a garage the cars won't disappear, just FYI--they cost like $30,000 and are really big. Lamar cracked me up in a "wow this guy is stupid" way. Seemed to think he was CJ reborn.

The soundtrack has some great bits, like some nice punk rock, but it's not as distinctive as, say, Vice City. Vice City still wins hands down for the radio shows. I loved Trevor's theme music though.

This is just the writer/film nut in me, but of all the games I think this one would make the best basis for a film. Gerard Butler could play Michael...yum. Fancast for Trevor? His voice actor is fantastic but I don't know how well he can act.

Edited by PhoenixFlame, 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#19 Fuse Prime

Fuse Prime

womp womp

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

This is just the writer/film nut in me, but of all the games I think this one would make the best basis for a film. Gerard Butler could play Michael...yum. Fancast for Trevor? His voice actor is fantastic but I don't know how well he can act.

Nick Nolte? He does crazy well.

#20 Werthead

Werthead

Social Justice Robot from the Future

• Forum Moderators
  • 23,231 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Waiting on the PC version. : (

Based on previous games, June I think is the most likely. However, some things are pointing to March-April, which would be a pleasant surprise.

Reply to this topic