Hizdahr zo Loraq cast

Professional Dragonslayer

I'm surprised Hizdhar is showing up in season 4. How much of AFFC/ADWD is going to be crammed in?

I am surprised too. But there is timeline some book readers made up and if it's right, some of Dany's storyline in Meereen happens before some of the events at the end of ASOS and it would make sense to include Hizdahr in season 4.

The order of things definitely gets jumbled about from ASOS on and it gets very confusing if you try to think about it haha.

Here's the link to the timeline if you want to check it out.

https://docs.google....rowsperpage=250

Wow, I wasn’t expecting Hizdar to be cast for this season. The actor is a little younger looking than I imagined for the character but I think he’s a great choice.

I always thought him being an older guy too. Guess I don't pay that much attention to Dany's storyline :dunno:

Yeah, younger than I expected him to be, but I guess we'll see how he pulls it off. I think it's good that they're introducing the Meereenese characters before Dany starts ruling there (presumably.). As it gives her an antagonist rather than a faceless mass of soldiers.

I imagined him older as well, but looking over his Wiki of Ice and Fire page, it seems that was based on ... nothing. His description in the book is pretty much spot on for Fry (hell, the fan art on the page even kind of looks like him: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Hizdahr1.jpg). I guess we got the impression that he's older just from the type of character he is: a kind of cautious, powerful man of wealth. But if they're going for a less old and established businessman and more for sort of the Mark Zuckerberg of Meereen, I really see no problem with that.

I wouldn't get too worried about Hizdahr being introduced in Season 4. It might just be introducing the character to set up later events.

the Mark Zuckerberg of Meereen, I really see no problem with that

Me, neither.

I just can't believe they cast the guy from Plebs.

Yeah, it's a bit...yeah. It's hard to imagine him in a serious role. He's also very endearing and personable on Plebs, so I'd be interested in seeing him play someone as unappetizing as Hizdahr.

Also, I know mileage varies on this, but I find this actor way hotter than the recast Daario (or the original Daario, for that matter). The writers have their work cut out for them if they're going to make him seem unappealing as a romantic prospect (although they managed handily with Mero, played by a gorgeous actor but rendered repulsive by the way he was written).

Archived