Domeric Bolton: The Black Sheep of The Boltons

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Being loud in bed =/= being raped, people.

I never said he raped or rapes her, but that he probably likes the idea of it (of rape, in general, knowing he has committed such acts in the past). Of course, having a more vivacious lover between the sheets would make most men happy, as I think I remember reading his past wives were a bit more like dead fishes. But it wouldn't surprise me if he finds the noises so endearing, perhaps, because he associates them with a past experience or two...

Feel free to disagree with that, as it's just speculation, but I never said that he rapes her (she's his wife after all, and from all accounts she is quite willing). Anyway, rape is gruesome topic and I'm sorry for derailing.

I never said he raped or rapes her, but that he probably likes the idea of it (of rape, in general, knowing he has committed such acts in the past). Of course, having a more vivacious lover between the sheets would make most men happy, as I think I remember reading his past wives were a bit more like dead fishes. But it wouldn't surprise me if he finds the noises so endearing, perhaps, because he associates them with a past experience or two...

Feel free to disagree with that, as it's just speculation, but I never said that he rapes her (she's his wife after all, and from all accounts she is quite willing). Anyway, rape is gruesome topic and I'm sorry for derailing.

Please tell me that you're not implying that you don't believe marital rape.

I remember thinking to myself while reading that scene where he tells Theon how endearing he finds her sounds during sex, 'The guy probably gets off on the idea of rape, and his fat little wife makes it that much easier for him than his past ones...' And well, he did rape Ramsay's mother...

The "fondnesses" you described above sounds merely like coexistence..but stripped of all emotion. I'm beginning to think Roose's real "fondnesses" are as poisoned as Euron's gifts.

Ah, I think that's where the problem is. Didn't mean for it to come across as "he rapes her" ... but the getting off on the idea of it being easier while sleeping with a more vivacious lover. But yea, feel free to disagree.

Roose seems to shrug off rape. We never see him take part in it himself, however. He seems not to give many fucks about it happening around him.

For Fat Walda, Roose is described as basically classic Vlad Tepes only without that amazing 'stache, but with icy eyes. (srsly, Vlad Tepes' defining feature besides his gnarly gaze was dat 'stache!) Fat Walda is a Frey and..round. Roose is like fucking Robert Downey Jr. in her eyes. She sees herself as lucking out BIG TIME, with a lord who isnt totally gross looking and has a fancy name. Most lords would just pass her up for the thinner girls. Roose makes good on Walder's word of "paying her weight in dowry". Fat Walda is aware of this and is like "awww yiss! My skinny sisters...what losers! My weight made me score!" She also does seem to be aware of Roose's....creepier side. She seems to be pretty kosher with it, laughing along the way.

Fat Walda = Best She-Villain! Ill be legit upset when she bites it.

Im beginning to think that this is rather significant. Also, doesnt like, everyone and their dead mum know that Ramsay killed him? Cuz if so, that could anger some Redforts....Just saiyan. Super saiyan.

In that case that makes Domeric the white sheep of the family.

Especially since we see Fat Walda absolutely revel in the fact shes Roose's wife. She wallows in it like a pig in mud. She LOVES the fact shes Lady Bolton. Her squeals in bed are that of adulation. Fat Walda gives no fucks. She's Dreadfort's HBIC. No rape is going on there. If anything, shes like "Gimme gimme my ROOOOOSE!"

She's just excited she was chosen over the other Frey girls. She's happy to be married to a lord not to Roose.

Edit: Ignore this comment because you basically said the same thing above. My bad.

Especially since we see Fat Walda absolutely revel in the fact shes Roose's wife. She wallows in it like a pig in mud. She LOVES the fact shes Lady Bolton. Her squeals in bed are that of adulation. Fat Walda gives no fucks. She's Dreadfort's HBIC. No rape is going on there. If anything, shes like "Gimme gimme my ROOOOOSE!"

I think I just puked a little after imagining what you described above :ack:

Actually, Domeric being the bastard son of Brandon Stark and Roose's second wife Bethany is not that crackpotty. I just read another thread where Bemused brougth this up and I think it absolutely fits!

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97495-did-roose-bolton-really-rape-the-millers-wife/page-2

Think about it. Why was he so different from Roose (and Ramsay)? Here's Roose talking to Theon in ADWD, chapter 32

Roose: Domeric. A quiet boy, but most accomplished. He served four years as Lady Dustin’s page, and three in the Vale as a squire to Lord Redfort. He played the high harp, read histories, and rode like the wind. Horses … the boy was mad for horses, Lady Dustin will tell you. Not even Lord Rickard’s daughter could outrace him, and that one was half a horse herself. Redfort said he showed great promise in the lists. A great jouster must be a great horseman first.

and

Reek: Yes, m’lord. Domeric. I … I have heard his name …

Roose: Ramsay killed him. A sickness of the bowels, Maester Uthor says, but I say poison. In the Vale, Domeric had enjoyed the company of Redfort’s sons. He wanted a brother by his side, so he rode up the Weeping Water to seek my bastard out. I forbade it, but Domeric was a man grown and thought that he knew better than his father. Now his bones lie beneath the Dreadfort with the bones of his brothers, who died still in the cradle, and I am left with Ramsay. Tell me, my lord … if the kinslayer is accursed, what is a father to do when one son slays another?

Roose tells Theon that Domeric was an amazing rider, even compared to "Lord Rickard's daughter". Some people say that it can't be a comparison to Lyanna because their age difference was such that Domeric would not have interacted with her, but think about who is telling this story. Look at the first Roose quote - the boy was mad with horses, Lady Dustin will tell you - then the comparison to Starks.

It's not necessary that Roose compares Dom to the "Stark daughter" this could be Lady Dustin's words, and since she was in contact with the previous generation of Starks, it's only natural she would use them as comparison.Even more meaningful, if in fact Brandon was Domeric's father. The books tell us that Both Lyanna and Brandon were good riders, even compared to centaurs. Lady Dustin makes a point of telling Theon a story of how she was in love with Brandon, but what if the "love story" was really between Brandon and Lady Dustin's sister, who just happened to be Roose's former wife Bethany. She could be covering it up.

Roose also tells that he only knew Ramsay was his bastard because he had his pale eyes. We don't know if Domeric had the same eyes, but if he didn't, that might be what lead to Roose realizing that his heir was not his after all! Also, Domeric was away from the Dreadfort for many years as a paige and a squire, so when he came back home in his early teenage years, it could be that he looked even more Starkish then.

Roose is telling Theon he thinks Ramsay killed Domeric (why would he tell such nasty things about his heir, when he could very well agree with his maester that it was a "sickness of the bowels" that killed D?), but if Dom really was the result of his wife cheating on him with Brandon Stark, then Roose would have a pretty damn good reason to kill Domerick himself and blame it on Ramsay. The shame of raising up a bastard son of none other than a Stark (whom the Boltons really hate) would certainly piss him off, and killing Domeric would not actually be kinslaying, so Roose wouldn't really even taint his honor.

There was talk in another thread about how weird it is that Roose lets Lady Dustin talk to him in a very informal way, since it's a bit out of character for him. People seem to agree that Lady Dustin has her own end game, and if she knows Roose's dirty secret, she could very well hold some power over him. Also, Bethany died of a "fewer" shortly after Dom died, so that raises some eyebrows too...

Roose seems to shrug off rape. We never see him take part in it himself, however. He seems not to give many fucks about it happening around him.For Fat Walda, Roose is described as basically classic Vlad Tepes only without that amazing 'stache, but with icy eyes. (srsly, Vlad Tepes' defining feature besides his gnarly gaze was dat 'stache!) Fat Walda is a Frey and..round. Roose is like fucking Robert Downey Jr. in her eyes. She sees herself as lucking out BIG TIME, with a lord who isnt totally gross looking and has a fancy name. Most lords would just pass her up for the thinner girls. Roose makes good on Walder's word of "paying her weight in dowry". Fat Walda is aware of this and is like "awww yiss! My skinny sisters...what losers! My weight made me score!" She also does seem to be aware of Roose's....creepier side. She seems to be pretty kosher with it, laughing along the way. Fat Walda = Best She-Villain! Ill be legit upset when she bites it.

I agree, Walda seems content in her marriage, she appears to be quite willing in the bedroom, it's a mutal union. Perhaps it wasn't always consensual with his other wives. I think it would take a lot to frighten Walda, she does come from the Frey household after all. Roose is the Vlad the impaler of westeros, Ramsey reminds of buffalo bill from 'Silence of the lambs',scary!.

Actually, Domeric being the bastard son of Brandon Stark and Roose's second wife Bethany is not that crackpotty. I just read another thread where Bemused brougth this up and I think it absolutely fits!

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97495-did-roose-bolton-really-rape-the-millers-wife/page-2

Think about it. Why was he so different from Roose (and Ramsay)? Here's Roose talking to Theon in ADWD, chapter 32

Roose: Domeric. A quiet boy, but most accomplished. He served four years as Lady Dustin’s page, and three in the Vale as a squire to Lord Redfort. He played the high harp, read histories, and rode like the wind. Horses … the boy was mad for horses, Lady Dustin will tell you. Not even Lord Rickard’s daughter could outrace him, and that one was half a horse herself. Redfort said he showed great promise in the lists. A great jouster must be a great horseman first.

and

Reek: Yes, m’lord. Domeric. I … I have heard his name …

Roose: Ramsay killed him. A sickness of the bowels, Maester Uthor says, but I say poison. In the Vale, Domeric had enjoyed the company of Redfort’s sons. He wanted a brother by his side, so he rode up the Weeping Water to seek my bastard out. I forbade it, but Domeric was a man grown and thought that he knew better than his father. Now his bones lie beneath the Dreadfort with the bones of his brothers, who died still in the cradle, and I am left with Ramsay. Tell me, my lord … if the kinslayer is accursed, what is a father to do when one son slays another?

Roose tells Theon that Domeric was an amazing rider, even compared to "Lord Rickard's daughter". Some people say that it can't be a comparison to Lyanna because their age difference was such that Domeric would not have interacted with her, but think about who is telling this story. Look at the first Roose quote - the boy was mad with horses, Lady Dustin will tell you - then the comparison to Starks.

It's not necessary that Roose compares Dom to the "Stark daughter" this could be Lady Dustin's words, and since she was in contact with the previous generation of Starks, it's only natural she would use them as comparison.Even more meaningful, if in fact Brandon was Domeric's father. The books tell us that Both Lyanna and Brandon were good riders, even compared to centaurs. Lady Dustin makes a point of telling Theon a story of how she was in love with Brandon, but what if the "love story" was really between Brandon and Lady Dustin's sister, who just happened to be Roose's former wife Bethany. She could be covering it up.

Roose also tells that he only knew Ramsay was his bastard because he had his pale eyes. We don't know if Domeric had the same eyes, but if he didn't, that might be what lead to Roose realizing that his heir was not his after all! Also, Domeric was away from the Dreadfort for many years as a paige and a squire, so when he came back home in his early teenage years, it could be that he looked even more Starkish then.

Roose is telling Theon he thinks Ramsay killed Domeric (why would he tell such nasty things about his heir, when he could very well agree with his maester that it was a "sickness of the bowels" that killed D?), but if Dom really was the result of his wife cheating on him with Brandon Stark, then Roose would have a pretty damn good reason to kill Domerick himself and blame it on Ramsay. The shame of raising up a bastard son of none other than a Stark (whom the Boltons really hate) would certainly piss him off, and killing Domeric would not actually be kinslaying, so Roose wouldn't really even taint his honor.

There was talk in another thread about how weird it is that Roose lets Lady Dustin talk to him in a very informal way, since it's a bit out of character for him. People seem to agree that Lady Dustin has her own end game, and if she knows Roose's dirty secret, she could very well hold some power over him. Also, Bethany died of a "fewer" shortly after Dom died, so that raises some eyebrows too...

I'm a bit confused, I assumed Roose was talking about Rickard Karstarks' daughter not Rickard Starks, Lyanna?.

Remember there are two Lord Rickards- Rickard Ryswell, who are also strongly associated with horses, so there is no need to assume Roose was talking of Lyanna - indeed he could have been talking of Lady Dustin.

There's too many Rickards for my liking, but I assumed that he was talking about a daughter of similar age to Domeric, Lyanna and Lady Dustin would be much older?. Roose just mentions that Domeric could out ride Lord Rickards' daughter, maybe it was just a figure of speech and he was comparing their riding abilities??.

Archived