Will Jon be KOTN as a Stark because of duty or take Targaryen name?

Spartan64Destiny

I'm thinking King in the North and this is the bitter sweet ending Martin is talking about. It will be bitter sweet because Jon will take the Stark name so the Targaryen name will die out because I believe Dany and Aegon will both die in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0.

Nothing bitter about that!

What's "bitter" about ending up King of the World?

King of Westeros, a realm devastated by war and with winter coming. Each of the POV characters may have gained something, but it came at price, they have all lost something as well.

King of Westeros, a realm devastated by war and with winter coming. Each of the POV characters may have gained something, but it came at price, they have all lost something as well.

Hmm....gain a kingdom.... lose a lifetime of stigma.....kingdom....stigma....kingdom....stigma....

Nope, I still don't see the downside.

Yeah the kingdom's going down the crapper, but so's the Nights Watch, the Kingsguard and every other institution in the world, and it's never phased him before. If you mean he's gonna be too busy running the universe to enjoy anything anymore...well, I'm not even sure what he DOES enjoy, besides running stuff. He was running stuff as far back as book one, chapter two when he talked Ned into letting the Stark kids keep their direwolves.

Again, what's bitter about this fate?

Only, Jon is not as stupid as Ned was.

Ned wasn´t stupid. He did some stupid things: not accepting the help of Renly or telling the Queen that he knows the truth about her children and twin.

Jon isn´t stupid. He did some stupid thing: declaring his wish to march to Winterfell and asking the help of Black Brothers and other men, and that is quite stupid for a LC of the NW to do, in a time that the Others aproach the Wall.

According to Yeade's "The Great Northern Conspiracy Essay," the North is making way for Jon to be the successor to Rob Stark as KOTN. The essay specifically stated on a few occasions that there must always be a Stark residing in Winterfell while ruling an independent North. Regardless, If he finds out about his Targaryen parentage,I truly believe he will chose to be Jon Stark for duty, not Jon Targaryen. What do you guys think?

It all good...lol! I didn't mean no harm. I was on a date with this hot chick and our server of all people butt in our convo regarding the R+L=JS and pulled out that herring paragraph from his Iphone about that dude on the boat telling Davos Ned's bastard Jon was named after Jon Arryn and his mother was some boat girl, still some residual annoyance left in me from that fiasco because the girl I was with ended up believing him instead :/ Anyways, the interpersonal relationships and the theories (Jon Snow & TGNC) is what makes GoT so freaking awesome and epic. Oh yeah, it means "Get The F_____ Outta Here!"

First: First, I think he will be Jon Stark from duty. I don't think, whomever Jon's mum is revealed to be, that he would ever think of anyone but Eddard Stark as his father. Regardless of whether Dany takes him into her bed.

Second: Sounds like a real moron decided to butt in. I acknowledge the wealth of R + L = J evidence, personally, my favorite is E+A = J. One of my good friends sincerely believes the Godric Borrel theory. I have to admit, whatever the wealth of evidence for R + L = J, Godric Borrel's story comes from about as close to an eye-witness as possible. And he's also the only to come out and just say it. So I really find it hard to just throw it aside. Sounds like a really crazy date.

Ned wasn´t stupid. He did some stupid things: not accepting the help of Renly or telling the Queen that he knows the truth about her children and twin.

Jon isn´t stupid. He did some stupid thing: declaring his wish to march to Winterfell and asking the help of Black Brothers and other men, and that is quite stupid for a LC of the NW to do, in a time that the Others aproach the Wall.

Ned was stupid enought to tell Cersei and not contacting Stannis earlier.

Why do people speak of Jon becoming either a king of the realm or KITN anyways? We don't know if he was the one Robb placed as his heir and that makes it just another theory, yet people talk about it as if GRRM himself confirmed it.

That's not a theory. Is 1+1=2.

So people are not ok with Aegon being real since he shows up so late in the story, but meanwhile they are ok with a resurrected zombie leading the North or even the whole Westeros? Shall we give him Beric or UnCat for his small council and UnGregor + 6 wights for kingsguard? :dunno:

We can deny it together... <3

Can I join in denying? Just because a lot of people love to present theories as truth. Even with a lot of evidence a theory is still only a theory. GRRM alone knows the truth until we have all the books. This opinion doesn't make me part of a close minded minority, but of an open minded one, since I'm willing to accept other possibilities. But that's just my opinion.

I don't believe in the Great Northern Conspiracy theorie, R+L = J might be truth, but i'm not calling Jon a Targ until i see solid proof. In any way, he's raised as a Stark, has the Stark Gods, looks like a Stark, thinks like a Stark. I don't see him calling himself Targaryen.

Not really. If Jon was name in Robb's will, it would depend on what it says. The whole point was to keep others from taking the North, so Robb likely cut the others out, and added Jon. and What is E+RW=J?

While I agree that Robb's will, depending on how it was written, might open a possibility for Jon to claim a northern throne even if his siblings show up, I doubt he would do it. The Jon we know would instantly give up his claim if any true-born Stark showed up.

Unless he radically changes and gets influenced by Mel. People would hate that, but I guess dying is a good way to pull off a radical change in a favorite character.

Can I join in denying? Just because a lot of people love to present theories as truth. Even with a lot of evidence a theory is still only a theory. GRRM alone knows the truth until we have all the books. This opinion doesn't make me part of a close minded minority, but of an open minded one, since I'm willing to accept other possibilities. But that's just my opinion.

I don't believe in the Great Northern Conspiracy theorie, R+L = J might be truth, but i'm not calling Jon a Targ until i see solid proof. In any way, he's raised as a Stark, has the Stark Gods, looks like a Stark, thinks like a Stark. I don't see him calling himself Targaryen.

THANK YOU. Theories are not truth. You are open minded, not part of some close minded minority. When I first read that quote I just saw red.

Archived