[Spoilers] Breaking Bad - The whole thing felt kinda shady, y'know, morality-wise?

Bridgeburners

Okay so what the hell was Todd gonna say to Mr. White before Jesse Anton Chigurhed him

Love the use of the "Chugurged".

Honestly, I've watched the scene a few times, and since the first time, it always struck me like he was going to say in his todd dead innocent talking way "Mr. White, your cars on fire" (fire in the back where the gun was). It seems very Todd to me.

I do believe that if William Shakespeare was a contemporary artist and released his works today, there would be people on the internet talking about his unsatisfying writing.

I would write a long post right now comparing Vince Gilligan and his writing crew to Shakespeare, but I am absolutely exhausted from working overnight right after watching the perfect conclusion to the perfect story...

I will delve later.

I guess I am in a very small minority. I have mixed feelings about the finale. I hated seeing Walt win in the end. I hated that he was able to get closure on all of his issues. I really hated Walt towards the end. I also found the finale predictable, but I have only myself to blame for reading these threads and all the great insight by the posters. I did like that they were able to bring closure to all the story lines and that is great for a series finale, but I feel so bad for all of the people's lives he destroyed or made to live in terror.

Don't know about the complaints, I loved it. I wasn't expecting to be "shocked" or "blown away". I was expecting resolution, and in some ways I got it. It was perfect. Walt's story finally ended, but everything else he created still exists. I think people need to see it more as not being "tidy and predictable" but as Walts story coming to its logical conclusion. The world goes on without Walt. All his pride, all his want and need to build an empire and to be Heisenberg, and in the end the world keeps going, and he doesn't.

That's how I see it anyways. It was Walt being Walt. Now he/Heisenberg are gone, but everything they created still exists. I liked it. I don't know. It didn't sat better with me than the ending to the Sopranos (which I eventually came to love, but still, that took time). Given the flash forwards, how else could it have ended anyways? Ozymandias was the real "finale" of BB. This was just the finale of Walt, and it was great.

+1.

This was a satisfying ending. I'm glad he admitted whom he really committed his deeds for, though I suppose Walt gets the closure that people affected by him do not.

It's quite a coincidence that after the machine gun fire the only people who remained alive were Todd (who needed to be killed by Jesse), Jesse (who needed to kill Todd and survive), Jack (who needed to be killed by Walt), and Walt who had to kill Jack and "say" goodbye to Jesse.

I thought the same thing, but its understandable why they did it that way, both their deaths were so satisfying. Especially Todd's.

For one fleeting second there close to the end, I thought Walt was gonna resume cooking as he picked up the gas mask and affectionately, um, caressed the tank. :P

Anyway, very satisfying ending. I wish Marie had gotten something more substantial than being on the phone with Skylar for the last ep but that's my only complaint.

And maybe leaving that ominous cloud in Lydia's tea as a hint to what her fate is rather than confirming for sureWalt poisoned her.

Certainly would be a more interesting mystery than what that rube was gonna say before Jesse strangled him.

The nazi in the car should also been wondering why Walt wouldn't listen to him on where to park, but that's just nitpicking.

In a previous episode, Todd said "We are the boss now". This incident with the parking spot probably adds to the non-existent professionalism of the Nazi-way to do things.

Yeah, it's a series of neat strokes on the writers' part. I do not see why a "believable" random effect would need to be introduced in order to appease a realist watching the TV show.

I don't want it to be totally believable but to have exactly the four individuals that you need survive machine gun fire out of a dozen or so people is a stretch.

In a previous episode, Todd said "We are the boss now". This incident with the parking spot probably adds to the non-existent professionalism of the Nazi-way to do things.

To be fair they would have won if it weren't for the interview that Walt saw in the bar.

I don't want it to be totally believable but to have exactly the four individuals that you need survive machine gun fire out of a dozen or so people is a stretch.

Jesse and Walt were on the floor level, and the likelihood of them getting hit was negligible. It's more of a stretch to have Walt hurt and killed by his own bullet, not the fact that he survived. I agree that Jack stayed alive purely in order to have Walt end him more intimately.

Picking at the finale on its own would have you disregard the leaps that stretched plausible outcome throughout the entire show. Enjoy it.

Archived