[Spoilers] Breaking Bad - The whole thing felt kinda shady, y'know, morality-wise?

Bridgeburners

I loved the season finale. It was the only logical conclusion to Walt's journey and I would have to say that this was one of the most fulfilling and well made series finale's that I have seen. Walt finally stopped lying to himsef and his family by admitting to Skyler that everything he did he did for himself. He also accepted his fate knowing full well that his plan to take out Uncle Jack's gang was a suicide mission. I especially enjoyed the music choice in the final moments of the episode (Baby Blue by Badfinger). The lyrics really fit Walt's journey and its ultimate conclusion - "Guess I got what I deserve . . .That special love I have for you ...My baby blue."

This show makes me want to unleash my own heisenberg.....

"I was alive"

the sad fact of life is most of us will live our lives without any meaningful impact. Doesn't matter if your a doctor or a banker or whatever, there are dozen more ready to replace you. Your existence is basically negligible.

But to be heisenberg and really live life? That's awesome.

You know you say the dardnest things right? Just checking...

"I was alive"

the sad fact of life is most of us will live our lives without any meaningful impact. Doesn't matter if your a doctor or a banker or whatever, there are dozen more ready to replace you. Your existence is basically negligible.

There are a dozen junkies with rotted teeth cooking in a trailer in West Virginia ready to replace Heisenberg.

"I was alive"

I'd say the real Heisenberg is more irreplaceable than Walter White.

Earlier someone wished that Walt had left Jr. a letter. Didn't he leave him an entire video recording in a flash forward from the very first episode?

You mean the video frome the pilot? Nope. He made a recording justifying his actions to his family when he thought he was going to be arrested but immediately destroyed the tape when it turned out it was a fire truck.

Well as long as we post here, the show is stil alive. :)

Saw something interesting the other day that I didn't know about. According to Cranston, he believed that Walter was depressed at the start of the show. So it was a bit like middle class angst, taken to an extreme. Mixed with cancer, which is the bomb that sets him off. Without the cancer I don't think he'd have broken bad.

I thought it was pretty obvious he was unhappy. He was a fifty year old man with a dead end teaching job who also had to work at the car wash to make ends meet and he had nothing to show for his supposed genius. The cancer was just the final straw that pushed him over the edge and make him act out on all these repressed feelings. Walt was honest when he went to give Hank a pep talk after the turtle bomb, he told Hank that he had spent his whole life afraid and that he had regrets.

Oh, I knew he was unhappy. And I"m also aware of the Grey Matter/Pride issues. He obsesses about the amount of money he missed out on when talking to Jesse at one point. He revealed that he checks it's stock price every day. Actual depression is way beyond unhappy or dissatisfaction though. It's a serious condition. It kind of put a different spin on things for me.

Archived