Will we see a brutal revenge?

jon stark I

I think one brutal( ımean horribly brutal) revenge will be enough.Lannisters will burn themselves out eventually so only remaining family will be Freys I think Stoneheart will do somethink so horrible noone will even think about attacking Starks again or anyother family for that matter.

Wtf?!? It is only fiction, but I never imagined that someone could suggest Theon hadn't suffered enough!

I agree with SeanF that much of the revenge in the story won't be as enjoyable as we may imagine. Even if you hate a character, reading about torture is pretty tough, and I think it takes the joy out of the revenge for many people.

People read things differently. For some readers, anything that's done to a bad character is justified, however awful. To me, even bad people are entitled to a degree of justice. If Cersei's final chapter concludes with her being sent to the Block, that'll be fine by me. If it concludes with her being crucified by Dany, or raped and strangled by Tyrion, it will leave a very sour taste in my mouth.

By the end of the series, the entrails will hang from every tree in the North and the Old Gods will receive so much blood in sacrifice that the Others would shit themselves in fear of taking on any protected settlement north of the Neck.

Sansa and Arya will team up at some point. I think Arya, as a blind girl, will be sent to wherever Sansa winds up. At first, they won't recognize each other. They will get to know each other all as the real people they are, and not bitter siblining rivals. The fact that Littlefinger, as awful as he is, is master minding some sort of plot. Sansa and Arya will be able to get at least a partial revenge for the Starks. I have this scene imagined where Arya is just about to kill Cersie, but Sansa stops her because she has found Nymeria and Sansa lets that crazy wolf go on the whole bunch of Lannisters. Of course, Brandon, Rikkon, or even Jon has to get in on this too because "he little brother prophecy. Just want to see the Starks really one up those Lannisters.

Ramsay needs to take about three chapters watching him slowly dying. Maybe those dogs of his turn, or maybe Asha really goes to town on him. After all, it wouldn't just be getting revenge for her brother, but all the women he did wrong.

The Freys get a special place in hell. I really don't know how or who, but its going to be a good read.

The absolute best revenge for the Starks, is they survive and regain their home and titles and look across to KL and smile with their middle finger.

My less bloody revenge for the Starks is that somehow Sansa claims Casterly Rock in her husband's name, the Starks reclaim Winterfell, and the Lannisters just have to take it.

Sansa and Arya will team up at some point. I think Arya, as a blind girl, will be sent to wherever Sansa winds up. At first, they won't recognize each other. They will get to know each other all as the real people they are, and not bitter siblining rivals. The fact that Littlefinger, as awful as he is, is master minding some sort of plot. Sansa and Arya will be able to get at least a partial revenge for the Starks. I have this scene imagined where Arya is just about to kill Cersie, but Sansa stops her because she has found Nymeria and Sansa lets that crazy wolf go on the whole bunch of Lannisters. Of course, Brandon, Rikkon, or even Jon has to get in on this too because "he little brother prophecy. Just want to see the Starks really one up those Lannisters.

Ramsay needs to take about three chapters watching him slowly dying. Maybe those dogs of his turn, or maybe Asha really goes to town on him. After all, it wouldn't just be getting revenge for her brother, but all the women he did wrong.

The Freys get a special place in hell. I really don't know how or who, but its going to be a good read.

That demonstrates the problem with brutal revenge. Cersei dying horribly at Stark hands would be unfair, given that she never showed any particular vindictiveness towards the family. She didn't want Bran thrown out of the window; she intended that Ned should be spared. She had no part in the Red Wedding. For me, the Starks would lose the moral high ground if they then got medieval on her.

Archived