Davos saved by the drowned God after Blackwater

siknes

I'm not sure if anyone has posted, or anyone has thought of this.

But Davos is half blown-up off his ship, and blacks out. I don't know about anyone else but an unconscious person would have drowned. Davos however, miraculously wakes on an island outside of the bay. Mayhaps the Drowned God wanted a real player in this bigger (chess game) of the Gods. His creepy foreshadowing jingle bells(sorry forgot the name) is a poor version of a pawn.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If we have the tiniest proof that deity exists (or any other, as for that matter), I would consider this idea. But, since there is no proof of its existence, I will leave it to Davos' endurance.

Clearly there are supernatural powers present, and several 'gods' are real forces with real powers. Davos, Patchface, Aeron, and Moqorro were all adrift at sea for extented periods that should have resulted in death. Perhaps one character miraculously not drowning could be attributed to 'endurance,' but when it's a recurring theme over and over again, you'd have to blind to not see that the entity known as 'the drowned god' is real and intervenes in the affairs of men.

• 10 months later...

Mladen

I feel sorry for people that see you have so many posts which by many would mean you have read the books.

No Gods are real because there is no proof, really. Beric, LSH, freaky Patchface.

If you haven't actually read the Blackwater Battle, please read it! Davos is knocked unconscious into the water. That is death for any human.

Alberich

I believe the line is Davos was thrown from his ship, and remembered no more. End of his Scene (Not sure off hand exact narrative) but there was no basis that he dove or swam.

Clearly there are supernatural powers present, and several 'gods' are real forces with real powers. Davos, Patchface, Aeron, and Moqorro were all adrift at sea for extented periods that should have resulted in death. Perhaps one character miraculously not drowning could be attributed to 'endurance,' but when it's a recurring theme over and over again, you'd have to blind to not see that the entity known as 'the drowned god' is real and intervenes in the affairs of men.

So two people washing up on the shore thanks to luck, one wizard surviving at sea, and one person being saved with actual magic proves the existence of a deity?

If we have the tiniest proof that deity exists (or any other, as for that matter), I would consider this idea. But, since there is no proof of its existence, I will leave it to Davos' endurance.

Thoros reviving Beric, Greenseers joining the living world of plants and animals upon death, Aeron, Black Flame and Davos miraculously surviving in the sea, killing shadows, very precise visions and glimpses of the past.... Some of them took place before dragons came to live (Beric's first revival for example), I don't have proof their magic have a divine origin, but surely they seem to come from either people dying at sea or devotes... I don't count Melisandre as she's a witch which kinda goes against my point.

At least until now Rhloor and the old gods or (the ancestors as I prefer to call them) have almost completely proven to be real. The drowned god may have shown some of his power and maybe also the other one. Only the seven have proven to be completely absent as they allowed the Mountain win on Tyrion's trial by combat and abandoned Sansa to her fate.

Your arguments are all missing the point unless you specify what you would qualify as godhood. There are certainly entities with "magical" powers, but if you say "Thoros and Melisandre prove that the god R'hllor exists", this only has any bearing if you have decided what differentiates a "god" from just a "supernatural being" (or if you even make that distinction in the first place - I don't). Putting aside the question of Melisandre and Thoros are even talking about the same thing when they say "R'hllor", because I have my doubts about that.

Another example, do you consider Bloodraven a god? Do you think Bran is about to become one? Because from all we've seen, the "Old Gods", as far as they have been shown to have any actual influence on the world, used to be Children and possibly First Men Greenseers.

Now I don't know whether I think the asioaf gods are real. But I do always find it funny when people are like "prophetic visions, resurrection of the dead, fire from nowhere pffff, where's the real proof?"

Like magic is some completely mundane thing.

If a greenseer can live forever, see through time and space and manipulate events to some degree. Doesn't that make them a god? Not an omnipotent god like the Abrahamic religions promising an afterlife, but certainly on par with many of the pagan gods worshipped throughout history.

Only the seven have proven to be completely absent as they allowed the Mountain win on Tyrion's trial by combat and abandoned Sansa to her fate.

I disagree. The Elder Brother of the Quite Isle is said to have healing hands. And if the gravedigger is Sandor, then it is pretty much shown that a follower of the Seven has used magic (as it was heavily implied he couldn't survive his wounds).

I think the problem is that The Faith has lost its way. But now that it's going back to its roots, we might see what it is capable of in the coming books.

Archived