Why does Daenerys refer to grown men and women as "her children"?

StannisBamfatheon

Overboard how? She is a messiah by definition

My thoughts exactly.

Daenerys is the "Prince that was promised." She's Azor Ahai reborn. There are many-millennia-old prophecies, that are centered around her. She gave birth to dragons that were extinct, in an unconscious ritual (that is, she wasn't aware that it was a ritual, she just knew it was something she had to do) that involved burning a king and herself in a bonfire that didn't burn her.

The prophecies say that she will come and save the world.

By definition, that makes her a messiah. That's what a messiah is... somebody who is prophesied to save the world.

My thoughts exactly.

Daenerys is the "Prince that was promised." She's Azor Ahai reborn. There are many-millennia-old prophecies, that are centered around her. She gave birth to dragons that were extinct, in an unconscious ritual (that is, she wasn't aware that it was a ritual, she just knew it was something she had to do) that involved burning a king and herself in a bonfire that didn't burn her.

By definition, that makes her a messiah. That's what a messiah is... somebody who is prophesied to save the world.

Oh boy. Now you've done it. I've only read the books twice so I might have missed it but where exactly does it say SHE is Azor Ahai? We don't even know if that means an actual person, or is a metaphor, or is even true! You cannot take that to mean she's the messiah its an incredible leap.

My thoughts exactly.

That's assuming she actually is the fulfillment of these prophecies and not a giant red herring.

I'm sure the city she sacked, the people she tortured, those fighting her regime and those she executed arbitrarily praised her to no ends.

Yeah like the boy, whose mother was raped and father murdered by slaves and Dany offered him no justice cause they were slaves during the sack. Reaaaaaaaaaaally great justice there, WHAT a savior.

Here's what we know about Azor Ahai's return, according to Melisandre:

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

End quote.

Also according to Melisandre, awaking the dragons requires burning a king.

Every part of this prophecy... not only can it be interpreted to apply to Dany, it actually literally applies to Dany. She was born amidst smoke and salt and woke dragons out of stone. While the comet burned overhead. In a fire where a king was burning. Literally.

Some of this, I could pin to coincidence, but not the "waking dragons out of stone while the red star bleeds" part. That's a little too big to be a coincidence.

End quote.

Every part of this prophecy... not only can it be interpreted to apply to Dany, it actually literally applies to Dany. She was born amidst smoke and salt and woke dragons out of stone. While the comet burned overhead. In a fire where a king was burning. Literally.

Some of this, I could pin to coincidence, but not the "waking dragons out of stone while the red star bleeds" part. That's a little too big to be a coincidence.

I'm not saying it's a coincidence, I'm saying she's a red herring.

My thoughts exactly.

Wait, does this mean someone gets to stab her through the heart?.

In short, she's bitter, due to an unfortunate magical curse she has been left infertile.

It's like the Essos equivalent of someone who regrets not getting married and gets loads of cats.

If Dany is the messiah than I'll stick with Satan, thank you.

Pack it up, everyone. Show's over.

End quote.

"when darkness gathers" - I think we'll actually see AA being reborn, it's too curial a moment, covered by many prophesies and riddles - to have happened off page. Grrm uses red herrings often, eg there's a character called Gerrick Kingsblood. The darkness from the quote is surely the arrival of the Others, and Mel also mentions AA reborn in the 'dread hour' IIRC.

Sometimes the board takes itself waaaaaaaaay too seriously, you need a throw-away joke thread or a chum thread such as this one that gets people riled up.

Really.

At no point did he say he was a troll, he said he wanted a lighthearted less serious then other threads thread.

Really.

This thread feels like an attempt to start a Dany-hate thread, apparently it succeded.

Usually I save this quote for the depths of February: bored now.

Archived